"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, March 24, 2018

You did ask, you know......Saturday Nine

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!




Sweet Disaster (2016)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) This video begins outside a convenience store with a sign advertising beer, produce, lotto and an ATM. Will you buy beer, produce or a lotto ticket this weekend? Will you visit an ATM?
No, and no...

2) As the video progresses, fountain drinks and donuts are consumed. When you stop for a snack during a road trip, what do you usually grab?
It would likely be something we've packed and brought along.  Or, alternatively, I would get chips or nuts, and a Root Beer or Pepsi.

3) The lyrics reference "a river of champagne." When did you last enjoy a spot of the bubbly?
Jan. 1, 2018 aka New Year's Eve. 

4) The end of the video features sci-fi/horror images. Is that a genre you enjoy? If not, what kind of books do you read most often?
I don't like Horror most anytime as I feel real life is horrible enough.  But I do like Sci-Fi.  

As to reading genre, I have always been drawn to non fiction about Economics and/or History, so that's most of what I read.  I like some Historical Fiction like,  And Ladies of  the Club. by Helen Hooven Santmeyr.  I read that one when it first came into my world and own the book.  It's time to read that puppy again!  Great Book.  
I also love a book called A Suitable Boy by Vicram Seth.  I speed read this wrist breaker back in the day...  Library copy. lol...Now that I've nailed down my own hardback copy, I'm going to tell you about it. heehee  Lordy it's such a great book! 

5) The trio that makes up The Dreamers are dyed-in-the-wool New Yorkers. If you could live in any city or village in the world, would you move or stay right where you are?
I'd like to live in any small, coastal city above Santa Barbara.  

6) The Dreamers describe themselves as "impractical."  What about you? Do you consider yourself practical or impractical?
I'm a practical dreamer.  I just need a shed load of money to get things done that I think give us a chance in hell of survival in this newly radicalized world.

7) They also won't "listen to those who doubt" them. Sometimes we find the ones who doubt us most are ourselves. What about you? Are you confident, or do you suffer from self doubt?
I'm human so of course I have self doubts.  From what I've seen over the past 70 years, having become self aware way too early, I know enough about what's good and what's bad for animals, including Humans, as we are just another animal.  For this reason, I've got a lot less doubt about what motivates us the most, and see it as evil incarnate.  That's probably a digression but there you go....

8) Do you often remember your dreams?
I do.
9) Random question: Would you rather get $100 today, or $250 on this date a year from now? 
I'd wait.  That's over twice as much, and it would go twice as far no matter the time lapse and no matter where I donate it.  Actually, I'd just give that much away and then wait for my own "payday".  I'd give it to the people who help American Veterans get off the streets.

6 comments:

  1. Nice song!
    1. No and no
    2. {cover my face} I'm not a chip eater, but some cheetos for the road!
    3. It's been awhile...don't normally drink anything other than a good whiskey or dark beer
    4. No horror or sci-fi thanks...I'm boring I like real things, hard classics, or non-fiction books
    5. I would buy 5-10 acres in the CO mountains and build a little cabin.
    6. I'm too practical to a fault....I dream, but don't think I'll realize it. That sounds incredibly sad, but it's not. I go through a tizzy when I have to travel, but I love to dream of travelling. Again...I'm odd (and proud of it)
    7. I'm confident to a fault...perhaps not 'caring' nec. what others think directly regarding my personal life.
    8. Yes, I usually remember my dreams. most are 'searching for something' type dreams. hmm..
    9. so, why is the random question so hard for me to answer? something subliminal there. my first thought is to take the 100 now and reinvest at a better rate. part of me says it would be a surprise I didn't have, so take the 100 and buy something for me (a candle, books, nice lotion) ...or wait. ;)
    Fun Questions! ahhhh, your beautiful Daughter....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yum! Cheetos! So with you in that one, too!
      You do a great Saturday9. You should join the "flock". I thought about Colorado, since I have cousins and auntie's there--family, and you are there.... but I'd reaaaaally miss the ocean. When I clear out that stupid sewing room I'll put a bed, a lamp, and a table in it, and you can come and stay awhile. But, sadly, I wouldn't hold your breathe. The Bounder is a pretty darn good little guest house. eheehee

      Delete
  2. That's a great thing to do with your money! ((hugs)) for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs back Stacy.
      All that has happened over the years is that too many of our leaders seem to be dead set on making more fighters, and when these amazing people come back with horrible problems, just leave them on a heap in a backstreet somewhere. It doesn't look like there is an end in sight.

      Delete
  3. You know how you can go most of your life without hearing about something, and then for some reason it pops up over and over? That's me and "And the Ladies of the Club!" I saw it through a store window the other day, and now you've mentioned. I feel like the universe is trying to tell me something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Universe is calling you to. This is a fantastic book, and I'd recommend that you take the time to read it. It's beautifully written. Helen Hooven Santmyer has other books and publications but this was her masterpiece, and it was written at the age of 80.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..