"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease ๐Ÿฆ  And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Sunday Stealing: Curious as a Cat....

Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on the WTIT Blog with Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. You may have heard the expression, “honor among thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from, if possible. We also provide a link to the victim's questions in our "Previous Victims" widget. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from recently asked questions from a previously post. Cheers to all of us thieves!

Want to join in or read other posts?  Just go HERE.  

And.... I hope you all have a very nice day!  And a Big Thank you to Bev!  

from this blog...Curious as a Cat....


Talk about a Food Chain!!  Gah!

1) Do you think you’d be a good writer? What kind of writer would you like to be (fiction, children’s books, magazine, etc.)?
I think I'd be a good writer, and I'd like to write fiction and non fiction, children's books, or short stories for magazines like "Z".  

2) I wish I had enough money to Buy a new and smaller RV and travel in it....A LOT!!

3) If you had to enter a competition for the "Most Uselessly Unique Talent," what would your talent be?
Useless is easy but Unique?  Let me think..... I can write with both hands and it's readable but millions of people can do that.  I'm thinking that I'm pretty much a plain vanilla person.....

Thinking.......


Fotolia is now owned by Amazon.. just kidding!
It's owned by Adobe.  DRAT!

4) When it might hurt their feelings, how do you feel about telling your friends the truth?
It's impossible to tell the truth about something that isn't asked about... So, this is ONLY if they ask.  In which case I would tell them as gently as possible. 

Of course there would be Lightning fast calculations going on in my head, to make sure that what I was saying was coherent, true, and compassionate.  I would never hurt anyone (but an enemy of the state) with any really "Brutal Truth".  

5) Peanut or plain?
Plain for me please..

6) Is there someone you would like to take your place in life for one day? Who and why?
The answer is No.  The who and why is moot.

7) What do you think is the ugliest thing or event on Earth?
Dog Meat "Festivals"!  Good God!

8) What is your least favorite of your personality traits or quirks?
I think I can be obnoxious to people I don't respect IF my mouth opens so I generally keep it shut.  Also, being Quaker AND a Budding Buddhist, I'm learning to be more diplomatic.  But .... I still don't want to mince words where children or other little animals (;o) are concerned.  You will catch HELL FIRE from me if you play favorites or deliberately hurt kids.  It's inexcusable behavior.

9) I wish I could see into heaven because I'd like to know for sure and for certain, that it was out there somewhere.

10) Tell us your favorite children's story.
 Little House on the Prairie but the whole series.  I find them so comforting that I asked my daughter Gee to read one to me when I had pneumonia.
                          
11) What do you keep in the trunk of your car?
Jeeps have no trunk.  However, there are jumper cables and a tub of blankets and picnic supplies back there.  Ex-Girl Scout you know..
Pinterest

12) Describe your perfect, rainy afternoon.
I'm knitting in the comfy chair, drinking tea and eating jelly bellies or cookies; I'm watching Father Brown or Midsummer Murders.  Mr. Z is cuddled up with Wolfie, and they are both snoozing away.  They both get up AWFULLY early. (4 AM)

13) Tell us about your favorite way to get lost in a simple activity — running, chopping vegetables, folding laundry, whatever. What’s it like when you’re in "the zone"?
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Page...

It's peaceful.  I've finally found the scientific answers to why (mindfulness) meditation works, and can now practice it without a lot of transcendental hoopla.  I put myself on the little bench where I first saw these, and gaze up at them......  In my mind....


Cherry Blossoms in San Francisco Botanical Garden

14) What parts of nature do you like best?
The whole grand sweep of it.  To single out any one part of it, is to destroy it's ability to remain wholesome and beneficial to all beings.



15) What's the kindest act you have ever seen done (either to/by you or another)?
I guess that would be the gentle and kind way my sister's in law and hubby care for their mother.  She is 99 years old ( almost 100 years now!) and still enjoys going on little walks almost every day.  Every mother should be so lucky to have this level of care.  It's amazing and very heart warming.

10 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to get into Midsomer Murders! It looks like something I would enjoy, but every time I happen upon it, it's always :30 minutes in.

    Your MIL is, indeed, very lucky to be so cherished.

    Heaven is there. I know it. Trust me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I trust you. I really do. Thank you. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ
      And yes, my mil is lucky.
      Midsomer Mysteries will cure you of wishing to live in an English Village. Lol. Mz. Z told me, “Why would you want to live in one, the murder rate is too high.” Oh, if you have Netflix, it has all the seasons.

      Delete
  2. It would be nice to know for certain that heaven is there, but then that would take away that whole element of believing in faith, which is not always so easy.

    How wonderful that your hubby and his sisters are so kind to their mother! I hope when the time comes I will be as good with my mother and that my children will be with me. One of my bigger fears is what old age will be like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “The kingdom of heaven is all around you, but you perceive it not”. Our big bro said that. I believe but it’s because he said so. But there have been times lately.... ๐Ÿ˜ณ And, I wonder sometimes how much of the word was tampered with...
      She was a good mom, and I’m glad she has all her children around her.
      I’m not afraid of old age, only of loss.

      Delete
  3. I love "Little House" too. And I'd like to curl up in your house along with you, Mr. Z and Wolfie. You make it sound so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please come on over! It would be grand to have your company! ☕️๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿจ Bring the hubby! And the pup!
      And isn’t “Little House” just wonderful. And to know it was all(mostly) real makes it very good for the heart. Pa was such an honorable, likeable guy..

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Kwizgiver. I love meeting up on weekends with all of you. I’ll stay in as long as I can. ๐Ÿ’

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed your answers. I do wonder though why you needed a scientific explanation for mindfulness in order to practice it fully. If you've done it, and all of us have without knowing it, you know it works. It's a hard thing to do if you're a constant thinker, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CountryDew. I guess I need to know the “why” of something, and especially this subject, because of something that happened when I had a brainwave analysis in my 20’s.
      I had an event, audible, during the test, and the instruments recorded it as a “slight epileptic pattern”in the left posterior side of my brain, exactly where I “heard” the “voice” tell me something. Ever since then, I’ve been interested in whether the brain of people who meditate had events like I experienced. And now, I know they do, and why. I was sleep deprived- as part of the experiment- and dropping, unintentionally, into meditation while in a quiet dark room. And yes, a constant thinker has a very hard time meditating.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..