"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Sunday Stealing: Dead Blogs and such....Bloggone....

June 10th, 2018

Bloggone!

Hi! 
I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . 
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!
I got this list from AA's blog, which no longer exists, unfortunately.





1. What brand & flavor of toothpaste do you use?
Jason, and it's Mint.

2. What is your earliest memory?

Cutting my fingers on some razor blades in my Dad's luggage when I was 2 years old.
 
3. Hot Dogs or Hamburgers? 

I liked both, actually, when I did eat them, which Now is, like, never...
 
4. If you could bring any one famous person back to life, who would it be?

The first Mrs. Albert Einstein.  She was a bloody genius.
 
5. What is one thing we would always find in your fridge... what one thing would we never find?

There's always some Ice water.  And the thing that you'd never find in my fridge is Milk. No one in the family drinks it.
 
6. Did you have to go and look for the answer of #1?

Yes.  I had it wrong... so, I changed it.
 
7. Why don't watermelons grow on trees?

Because they grow on vines.  And, Sadly so, there are no watermelon vine trees, only "weeping" trees..  

Perhaps in the future, watermelons just might grow on trees but frankly, I would rather have gold coins grow on trees.  Or even diamonds.  I could hide several  trees in the basement, growing them hydroponically, and then could hand the gold and diamonds out on the streets or somewhere.  Gold and diamonds are not that scarce.  Not in reality. 

Anything that's wrong in my life, is my own fault.

 
8. What is something that you own that you should probably just throw in the trash, but you never will? 

Okay....  I'm storing Styrofoam until I can either use it in a craft or an art piece, or responsibly re-cycle it in another way.  Is that useless enough?  I'll never pitch it into the trash because, well, it's Styrofoam!

I have so little of it that I can easily use it to make Christmas package garlands, along with the Styrofoam bow ties I've saved.  
An Aside: At a show one year, and in a fit of madness, a buyer bought the only such garland I've ever made.  It wasn't even for sale!  I named my price! lol.. Unforgettable experience.
 
9. I push you into a room and lock the door. I leave you there for 6 hours. The walls are chalkboards and in the middle of the room there is a box of colored chalk. What will be written/drawn on the walls when I let you out? 

Since this is fantasy, because I know you'd never do anything like that, I'll play......Firstly, I'd draw myself an Earth friendly solar paneled home, A big river,  and some very extensive gardens.  Then I'd disappear into my new space, never to be seen again in this world. It would be up to you to explain what happened to me, while I was your captive.
 
10. When was the last time you changed the oil on your car? 

Today, well yesterday ... I'm answering this on Saturday
 
11. In your extended family, who has been married the longest?

Mr. Z and I.  We are the only siblings to not have gone through the divorce and remarrying circus.
 
12. Name one thing that is so normal to you now that someone who was your age 50 years ago would think was abnormal. 

Endangered African animals.  
 
13. Have you ever wanted someone or something so bad that it hurt?

Oh, God yes.  I wanted so badly to go see my daughter and hold her hands, but I knew that, with this memory of mine, I would never be able to remember her the last time I saw her alive, with Autumn's golden afternoon sun pouring down onto her lovely face and eyes.  So I just didn't go do it.  I hope that I made the right decision.  I won't probably talk very much about this in the future, but that's my tale.
 
14. What do you dip your french fries in? 

I don't dip them.  They are either crispy and edible or they are not, and I don't.

15. What was the last picture that you took? 

A bouquet of Market flowers that Mr.Z brought home
To my Dear Readers:  if you'd like to read other "Thieves Tales", go HERE  and scroll down for the Linkie  Also, my fellow Thieves, I will be around as soon as I'm sane and able, to read and comment on your blogs.....


Cheers for all us Thieves!

8 comments:

  1. You've made me curious about Mrs. Einstein. I don't really know anything about old Albert.
    Trees of gold and diamonds in the basement? Sign me up!
    I like your plans for the chalk...kind of reminds me of the book "Harold and the Purple Crayon."
    So nice to see that many of us 'thieves' have beaten the odds and are in long-term marriages.
    Have a wonderful week, Zip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good wishes. I hope that the week is a good one for all of the other Thieves, too. ;o)
      I took my inspiration for chalk drawing from the ones by the sidewalk artists in the cities. Look for them. They are mind blowing!
      And yes, it is nice to see so many long term marriages in our thieves group. It's beginning to be a rarity, even as is marriage itself!
      About Albert... hmmmm
      Mrs. Einstein was a fantastic mathematician, and was actually the one who did the math for Einstein's so called Theory. It was supposed to be a joint effort but Albert had other plans. Einstein was a brass plated cad to her and their invalid child. I'm not sure how to view him anymore.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. <3 Thank you kindly. DH has started to buy me flowers again. We stopped going to farmer's markets and that's where the best flowers are. But TJ's has some nice ones. Wishing you a happy Sunday with reading and knitting in it!

      Delete
  3. I love what you'd draw on the boards in the locked room! Wouldn't that be cool? And now I'm laughing because I am suddenly reminded of Simon on Captain Kangaroo! He drew things that came true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took inspiration from the chalk drawings that are made on sidewalks in cities. They are amazing. Julian Beever's drawings are fantastic!

      https://www.moillusions.com/giant-snail-attacking-a-woman

      Delete
  4. love your drawing what a nice idea:) so sorry about your memory, but we always cherish those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do, always cherish those memories. Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you liked the drawing idea. Someday I just might be able to pull it off. lol

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..