"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Sunday Stealing: The "Friday Five", or, more popularly, "Why the Universe should come kick your butt".

From Friday Five


Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!

Bev snuck a few questions from the Friday Five meme

Readers, If you would like to play along or just see other entries, got HERE

1. Is there a smell that will immediately sicken you? 
Other than black eyed peas?  Let's see.....The smell of smoke, on the wind.  If I don't know a logical reason for it to be there, it makes me go on red alert and push the panic button. Sickens me...  We were camping in the mountains, and were evacuated from the Cedar's Fire; and the first indicator was smoke on the wind.

2. When you want quiet, where do you go?
I keep, and live in, a very quiet household.  I'm lucky.  I like lively things but mostly I want it quiet.  Once, out in the desert, it was extremely quiet.  Then after a time a stupid jetliner went over, and though it was very high, it broke the quiet.  I mean we were WAY out in the back of beyond.  

3. Do you need/prefer total darkness when you sleep?
I don't think I've ever had that, so no.  The television can be blaring away with one of my favorite Mystery shows, and I can just nod off.  So, No...

4. What is your least favorite taste?
Besides Black eyed peas?  That would be Whiskey.  The taste is dreadful.  I do like it in Harvey Walbanger cakes though.

5. How heavily do you rely upon your sense of touch?
Quite heavily.  It helps me navigate in the dark, helps me find things at the back of drawers, and it helps me work with things behind my back like buttons - well, that's in front, too.  I go over Wolfie's body looking for anything strange in his fur or under his skin... I feel for hot spots on him.  I use my sense of touch as much as my sense of smell.   I'd bet everyone does.

6. Do you mostly prepare your meals at home or do you eat out more?
Mostly at home.  

7. Is there a time of day when you are more likely to buy food already prepared?
At dinnertime.

8. What is your average weekly grocery bill (for how many people)? What is your total restaurant/fast food bill for an average week?
I don't do the shopping anymore so I haven't a clue.

9. What is your favorite meal to prepare at home?
I like to make mug Mac N Cheese, and a few other little things.  Mostly I don't do the cooking anymore.  I can still cook but so can Mr. Z.  He likes it, mostly.... I like to make and to eat, Fried Rice ala Joyce Chen.  Yum!

10. What is your favorite meal to order in a restaurant?
Angel Hair pasta with chicken and vegetables.  I get that all the time when we go out for a rare meal out.  I used to like Scampi.  From Zolezzi's.  But, alas....

11. Do you believe in fate?
Not a damn bit.  Even with Karma working it's way through, Life is still a crap shoot.  If you get through it without violence or disease striking you dead too young, you eventually die anyway.  I say, Merde to Fate!

12. If Karma was to visit you now, would it be kind or kick you in the butt?
There's really no way to tell what Karma is going to do to you, because Karma is not just from one life, it's from many.  Frankly, Christians had best heed what Christ said about Living by the Sword, too.  

13. Do you believe you have lived another life previous to this one?
Yes, many lives actually, and I must have been one very bad-ass person in the last one.  I feel pummeled by bad Karma, which has nothing to do with that wimp, Fate.  Fate can be defeated, Karma cannot.  Karma's  the entire UNIVERSE paying you back.

14. What do you believe in with an unshakable resolve?
I believe that Christ was who he said he was.  I don't believe all the Church clap trap, but I believe in this person as a living savior.  Nothing can ever change my mind on this. Nothing.

15. What one factor influences your life the most?
I just pontificated on it in 11,12,13 and 14. That would be the firm believe in my Leadings, this is a Quaker thing.  Nothing has changed my mind about where I've been lead and about the veracity of this Leading.  Christ is the center of my entire soul.  Not as the world gives him, but as he does.

10 comments:

  1. As always, I love your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kwizgiver. ~♥~ It always makes me happy just knowing you're out there teaching the next gens and knitting away in your spare time.

      Delete
  2. I agree completely with #14. Jesus didn't come to establish a religion. He came to set the captives free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That he did. "He came to set the captives free!" Exactly!

      Delete
  3. Very intriguing answers today, Mz. Zippi. What was so odd about your tarot reading, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to learn this, but first I tried to learn all the cards. This is the first time I've ever laid them all out. I'm trying to figure out what is in them and where I go from here. I'd really like to master this art because of the random Universe theory I live by. lol Two things seemed a little odd. But I'll have to email you the first lay out and see what you think of it. If that is ok.

      Delete
  4. Another Joyce Chen fan! Remember how she pronounced "oil" as "oir." My friend and I still call it oir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she couldn't pronounce that "L" at all. She was a lot of fun, was Joyce. I watched her show on PBS down here.
      I remember her saying, once, how her family was sure she had asbestos fingers, and saying it while she was picking up something that was clearly VERY very hot.

      Delete
  5. love your answers :) and YES JESUS is who he said he was, he was the only perfect person in the world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Exactly, though I do believe he would argue that point. lol He's say, "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God."

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..