"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Sunday Stealing: Swap Bot...



Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . 

http://www.swap-bot.com/
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!

*To my Readers: If you want to see other blogger's posts on this SS, Go HERE to the linkie...


The SwapBot Questions....


1.Where were you 3 hours ago?..
I was eating a power bar breakfast and drinking tea in my comfy chair.

 
2.Have you ever eaten a crayon?
No, not according to my brain's recorded "History of the World".  

The brain is becoming a little sketchy about edibles consumed when it was but a disorganized knot of cells (and from that to an uninformed mass of grey pustules) before the second year of existence.  I do remember, when I was three, reluctantly eating a portion of a wild rabbit my grandfather had shot for dinner.  
I got a little round lead ball in my mouth with some fur, choked and spat it all out.  That was pretty dramatic.  Grandma glared at poor hapless Grandpa, who was responsible for skinning and cleaning it before handing it over to Grandma to prepare.  So, he carefully checked over the rest of my rabbit bits after removing the whole plate from the table.
 
3.Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
Yes, but only three things.  I must remedy this immediately!  How annoying!  These three things are,:
 a pink stick on heart on my smart phone, a nail buff, which I can't show you because, well, it's ON the phone...



Three is a pink sticky note heart๐Ÿ’— with a few words written on it from last year.

 
4.When is the last time you went to the mall?
THE Mall as in the shopping mall?  Ok, it has to be at least five years since I've been to a mall type mall.  

There is a Food mall at Liberty Station and that was last year.  Summer or maybe fall.  Nice summer place to get a meal.  Then you can go for a stroll on Shelter Island.

5.Are you wearing socks right now?
No, I'm bare of foot, and that's because it's 96°F outside, and it's about 80 inside.  It's just not sock weather.  
Yesterday, Friday,  it was 105°...so, this may be a trend.  It's cooling off.  Praise God!
 
6.When was the last time you drove out of town?
Out of town.. Not counting the little cluster of towns that surround me here in the Badlands, that drive would have happened last year about this time, when we went to see the girls.

 
7.Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days?
No, I haven't been inside a movie theater in 5 years or more.  It's that disgusting thing they spray all over the place to get you to buy their popcorn.  I'm willing to wait for any hot new thing to arrive on Netflix or even Amazon -or, amazingly, at the Library.  Thank you, Diana!


8.What was the last thing you had to drink?
Earl Grey tea.  It makes me feel so much like a Duchess.  The Duchess of Quandary?  

9.What are you wearing right now?
A Summer dress, and I'm barefooted.  (Almost typed, "Bear footed")๐Ÿ˜‰  Speaking of Bears, do you think that we should be allowed to have an open season on illegal bear hunters?  I do.

 
10.Do you wash your car or let the car wash do it? 

Mister Z, is the Master of all things AUTO.  He gets Jeeply washed at a car wash.  I reckon he doesn't do it more than twice a year.  This twice yearly event happens both before and after our longish trips when every manner of BUG gets stuck in the Grille.
 
11.Last food that you ate?
I had a chocolate mint Cliff bar and a nectarine with tea.  

Boy am I ever a "duh" person.   WAIT!  I'll go get a handful of jelly bellies and scarf them down so as to make it all more interesting.  BRB..... 
 
12.Where were you last week at this time?
I was right here, at the computer, typing out a Sunday Stealing that will publish on Saturday.  I'm so "duh".

 
13.Have you bought any clothing items in the last week?
No, but I did buy some lovely Chooz!  I also have the exact same shoe in Black...


Zappo's Rules!  Will these look nice with anklets?

14.When is the last time you ran?
  I fast walked on a treadmill for a few months last year but that's not what you mean.  Let's see?  ๐Ÿค”  That would be several years ago, before 2013.  I don't run on my bionic knee.  It has to last even though I don't care when that ax falls, only the HOW of it.   No hit men please, even for a Best Birthday Present EVER post sort of thing.  

 
15.What's the last sporting event you watched?

A College Basketball final.  On the big screen, at a Pub, on my birthday.  It was very nice.  

 

9 comments:

  1. You are in rare form today, Zippi! I was laughing my way through your answers. Thanks for starting my day with a smile. Ugh...the bunny story. I used to hate eating game birds for just that reason. No matter how carefully they're cleaned, when you hunt with buckshot there's going to be a stray pellet or two in it somewhere. Have a lovely day. I hope your temperatures continue to cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you liked this post. It was fun to write. And, yes, shot is something that you just pick out and put in the napkin because, well, Shot happens! But a three year old has NO little brakes on her mouth. Heck I still don't but I'm learning. ๐Ÿค
      Thanks for wishing us a cool day. It was over 80 by 9 AM this morning. And we have a bad fire doing it's best to burn down a little town in the near by mountains. Mon Dieu! ๐Ÿ’”

      Delete
    2. PS. Glad to make you smile. ๐Ÿ’ž

      Delete
  2. The bunny story--ewww!

    Love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh yes, the bunny fur and shot in my mouth is something I can still feel after all these years. That made one heck of an impression on me! And on my grandparents!
      Oh yes, I love Clark's and love Zappos. I have to really think long about anymore shoes though. heehee

      Delete
  3. Why is it when we were younger we knew what the mall was actually FOR. Once I hit 50... bleah, now that I am 60, if I can't find it on the internet, I don't need it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get tired Mary. I'm just so SO tired. It's so much easier just to do Amazon or Zappos, etc. And, no, I only need some of the food court things. Malls are great for becoming a Mall Walker if that floats your boat but it is not for me.... Besides, at my age, if I don't have it, I probably don't need it or even want it for that matter! Hope you have a happy and hopefully a cool week.

      Delete
  4. I don't do the mall anymore, either. Went out this afternoon to a strip mall and was so irritated by the time I left there that I swore I'd never return. Enjoyed your answers. They were a trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a well, a wild hair last night. ๐Ÿ˜ป Glad you enjoyed this.
      I soooo understand what you are saying. Those darn malls are just not my cuppa anymore. The normal enticements of most regular stand alone stores are not, either. But, I do like to go to the smaller thrift stores, like the TINY Goodwill store, with my girls and hubby when I'm in Santa Cruz. I like to look at the glass stuff, and for old wool sweaters.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..