Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Sweet City Woman
(Readers: Want to play along? Just Go HERE)
Also, If you don't like wee political rants, please quit reading now.
1. The lyrics tell us the singer is on his way to catch a train and he really wants to be on time. When is the last time you were late for something?
It was so long ago that I don't remember. I'm always early for appointments, and when we get together with friends or family, it's always informal so arrival times are not metered, so to speak.
2) He sings he's on his way to meet a woman known for her macaroons. What's your favorite cookie?
I actually love cookies though now, I only eat them on Holidays. Or, sometimes DH and I take cookies when we go visit my sister and her hubby. What I mean to say is that it's hard to pick a favorite, but bar cookies, such as Brownies, Blondies, and regular cookies, like White Chocolate Macadamia nut cookies are probably TOP right now.
There are two, and one is broken, awaiting repair. Since it's 11:45 am, even the good one is not on.
4) This is the rare top 40 tune that prominently features a banjo. Sam has always been crazy about the sound of a banjo. What sound makes you smile? (It doesn't have to be a musical instrument. Think bacon sizzling, church bells, etc.)
I love the sound of a Banjo, and now my banjo playing daughter has mine. I also love to hear small animals playing, and the sounds they make. Human babies are included. I also like my singing bowls - a lot. I've got to get another bigger one soon. These bowls are so calming....
5) 47 years after their record was a hit, The Stampeders still tour every summer, playing festivals across the US and their native Canada. Do you enjoy live music under the stars? Or would you prefer to be seated in a theater?
I prefer Music under the stars. When I lived near Redlands, the University Orchestra always had a summer outdoor concert season, and it was terrific. I started going to their concerts while I was in High School, and have kept it up as much as possible ever since.
6) In 1971, when this song was popular on the radio, detective shows were popular on TV. Mannix, Ironside and Cannon were all in the Top 20. Who is your favorite TV detective?
Father Brown. I just wish there were more in that series. The Brits are notorious for cutting off series just when you get really into them.
7) Also in 1971, the Post Office Department was disbanded as a Cabinet department and became The United States Postal Service. When did you last go to the post office? Were you mailing something? Buying stamps? Picking up a package? Renewing your passport?
All of the above. I love the postal service.
Fie to the Government for virtually privatizing it in 1971. Total loser in office.....And, though the USPS has a 90% approval rating from the people, Trumpty Dumpty ....another total loser.... wants to finish privatizing it. The last great social program that benefits ALL of the people, not just the military industrial complex. A Pox Upon them!
8) Race car legend Jeff Gordon was born in 1971. Do you watch NASCAR?
Not anymore. I sort of grew out of it. For me, it's gone the way of the Super Bowl.
9) Random question -- Do you have a vaccination scar? If so, where is it?
Yes, and it's on my arm. By the way .... Please, all of you, go get that flu shot?
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!