Thanks Gal! For all that you do in this World, and for this MEME every week....
Readers, want to join in or see other posts?
Saturday 9: Every Time You Go Away (1985)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about separation. Who is the last person you said goodbye (or maybe just "so long") to? Mr. Z. He was going to visit his mama. She fell last week, poor tiny "lil gal.
2) This week's featured artist, Paul Young, was a gifted athlete during his school days and briefly played professional football (aka soccer). Sam enjoys playing tennis, though her serve doens't give Serena Williams anything to worry about. What's something you enjoy doing, even if you don't excel? I enjoy cooking and baking though I'm neither a chef nor a Master Baker ;o)
3) Mr. Young and his wife Stacy were married for 31 years, until her death in 2018. What do you think is the key to a happy marriage? Love, and the necessary care and nurture that comes with holding another person's trusting Heart in your hands.
4) Paul Young's performance of this hit song was one of the highlights of the July 1985 Live Aid Concert. This international benefit raised more than $100 million to alleviate hunger in Ethiopia. Tell us about a charity you support. I've supported Women for Women for many a year. But I'm thinking of switching to another one that has a higher rating. They used to have a four star rating on Charity Navigator. I'll find something else that also has had a big, positive impact on the lives of women and children.
5) This song was written by Daryl Hall, of Hall and Oates. What's your favorite Hall and Oates song? This one...
6) In 1985, when this song was popular, the New Coke was unsuccessfully introduced. What's the last beverage you drank? Tea.. which reminds me. It's time to make another cuppa.
7) In 1985, the New York Stock Exchange had to close because of Hurricane Gloria. Has a hurricane shared your name? (Find a list of recent/upcoming storm names here.)
That's a very nice Site. Thanks! And, no, my name has never been used for any storm.
8) 1985 was the year that the Titanic wreckage was discovered. There have been at least 11 movies and TV shows about the fatal voyage. Have you seen any of them?
I've seen, recently, a fairly new Documentary about it. And, I've seen that blockbuster, movie, too.
9) Random question: Would you rather own and run a coffee shop or a shoe store? Why?
I'd rather run and own a coffee shop, because I could bake and sell little cakes and things, too. I would also have little tables, inside, and ones with pretty umbrellas, outside. Why? Much More fun.