I'm Moving On
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Chyvonne Scott sings that she's sick of her lover's "conniving." Tell us about a time you felt deceived. (It doesn't have to involve romance.)
I was a young wife. I saw someone I knew well, who stared back at me from the jump seat of a motorcycle. Her face was almost hidden by the helmet. She just looked calmly at me as her husband pulled away. You never forget a face, do you? It was an omen.
2) She realizes it's time to move on to another love. What's your favorite love song? Is it about a relationship that's running smoothly? Or is it like "I'm Moving On," about an unhappy love affair?
Or this ...
It's been a Happy one. I feel very, very blessed, coming from the childhood I endured.
3) Though Chyvonne Scott enjoyed only limited success as a recording artist, she was very popular in New York clubs. When did you most recently listen to music performed live?
Probably five years ago. There used to be concerts at a sweet little church in North Park. But the venue moved too far away, and it was sent to a place I hated to be in...
4) In 2017, this song appeared on a Samsung commercial that poked fun at rival iPhone. Is your cell phone an Apple or Android? How did you choose your phone?
I started out with a flip phone, the technology of which I still miss. It had a fabulous camera in it. It was called "a camera with a phone in it" by most people.
Apple made our second and this last cell. We chose it for it's features. Now I think I'd get a Samsung. Better features and camera.
There, is that convoluted enough for a winning vote in the "trick answer" category?
5) Chyvonne is an unusual name. In 1965, when this song was first released, the most popular baby names in the US were Michael and Lisa. Do you have any Michaels or Lisas in your life?
6) Also in 1965, Winston Churchill died. In researching this week's Sat. 9, Sam discovered a Churchill quote that's new to her: "I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught." Share something interesting that you recently learned.
I've learned the incredible tenacity of misinformation on the web. There are so many people posing as knowledgeable about something, say, in Human migrations and Anthropology, and getting others to chime in with their own misinformation. They even put up maps and diagrams!
It beggars the imagination.
7) In 1965, one of the most successful movies ever made, The Sound of Music, was released. Have you ever seen it?
I have, and I loved it. The fact that Christopher Plummar called it "The Sound of Mucus" doesn't stop me from loving it. lol. That guy is hilarious. He's such a curmudgeon. 🤣 😂 Oh! Did any of you see the movie, "All The Money in the World"? He really NAILED the part of J.P. Getty.
8) Lava lamps were already popular in England and Brussels, but in 1965 they were introduced in the US. Do you think lava lamps are cool?
I came of age in 1960, so yes, I like them and think they are cool. I'm going to buy one of the new ones, very soon. Like.... as soon as I'm off the computer.
9) Random question -- You have to buy something very personal that you find embarrassing. Would you rather pay cash for it, so your identity would be unknown but you'd have to face the cashier? Or order it online, where you could avoid looking anyone in the eye, but you have to share your name and address?
Hmmmm... 😏 The only things that I consider very personal are undergarments, and isn't that why Victoria's Secret is so popular? I'd probably buy with a credit card. I don't carry folding money anymore - fifteen pounds of quarters, nickles and dimes but no foldables. lol
(Readers: Want to join in or to want see other entrees? Go HERE )
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!