"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, October 18, 2019

Saturday9: I'd really like to see you tonight.


"I'd Really Like to See You Tonight"


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.  


I liked this song when it first came out.  Thanks for the Memory, Gal. 


1) This song is about a guy who, out of the blue, phones an ex. Have you ever spontaneously phoned or emailed a former lover? Has an ex ever reached out to you?  I  never had Exes. 

2) He suggests walking through the park, taking a drive along the beach, or watching TV. Do any of those suggestions appeal to you right now?  Actually all those things appeal to me, Now, since it's cooled down considerably from the summer temps, it would be fun to go to the beach, and also go to a park.  Watching something on Netflex always is appealing.

3) "England Dan" got his nickname because he was a passionate Beatles fan and would affect a British accent when he talked about his favorite group. Are you good at imitating accents?  I've always been a good mimic.  It's probably the "singing thing" that aided it.  I love Jimmy Carter, and my sister still remembers me mimicking his sweet Georgia accent.  I'm out of practice but I can do a polish accent, too, and a British one.  

4) Dan met John Coley when they were high school classmates in Dallas. When they were still kids, they agreed that "John Ford Coley" would be a better stage name. Think back to your high school days. Which of your friends daydreamed along with you?  Daydreaming hmmm?  I think it was a few of the senior scouts.  We were all on the college track, so we'd muse about that.  I always wanted to go to Berkeley and probably should have!  Instead I chose UCLA as it was closer to home.  Bad idea.  Talk about musing. I guess it never ends, does it? 


From the Site: Maladaptive Daydreaming
 

5) After the duo disbanded, "England Dan" went to Nashville, billed himself by his real name -- Dan Seals -- and recorded country music. Who is your favorite country performer?  Always, and ever, it will be Johnny Cash.  I even like to hear his speaking voice.  He spoke up for the common people.




Has anyone else noticed how much YouTube has lost in sound quality?   Maybe my old ears finally are giving up on the job.  This is GUYS but you get the idea.

 
6) Today John Ford Coley lives in TN. He performs occasionally and raises horses. Have you ever been to TN?  No, but I'd like to see all the Southern States.  I want to go sometime other than Spring Floods and Hurricane Season.  Winter probably is best, but I'm not sure.  Summer is too hot HOT HOT for me. 

 
7) In 1975, when this song was popular, Foster Grant Sunglasses had a suggested retail price of $5/pair. Do you buy sunglasses more for fashion or utility? Utility.  I buy prescription ones now and as cheaply as possible.  They fall off a person's face, and sometimes they are not retrievable.  I will leave all that to your imaginations but I will say this:  Don't wear then into a Campground  outhouse.

8) The most popular movie of 1975 was Jaws. Have you seen it? I've seen a spoof of it but not the real movie.  I wanted to be able to go back into the water you see.  *wink*

9) Random question: Excluding anyone related to you by blood or marriage, what man are you closest to?  There's just no one left on Earth; so many have passed away.  You begin to feel your age when you have to admit this.  Most of the Rockhounds were ten years older and so were the neighbors. I had a lot of good, close, "guy" friends in these two groups. 


Readers, if you want to see other blogger's Posts, Go HERE


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!


Thank you Sam!










12 comments:

  1. You gave me a huge laugh with the outhouse reference! Thanks for making my evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the sound of this song, too. "There's a warm wind blowing the stars around ..." very romantic.

    I need my sunglasses and am known for having many pairs (one friend took a picture of me wearing two pair at once, one on my face and the second tucked into my neckline). I lose them all the time, but none the way you lost yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't wear sunglasses in the outhouse...duly noted. ;)
    Johnny Cash is always a classic. You can't go wrong with him. I even like his last couple of songs when he was ill and his voice was not quite what it had been. So much soul there.
    Call me a glutton for punishment, I've seen all of the Jaws movies many times and there is no way you are getting me in the ocean. By it, yes. On it, yes. IN it, NO!!
    Have an awesome day, Zippi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandpa, as I've mentioned many a time, had a voice like Johnny Cash, so I must have just transferred feelings for singing with Grandpa to singing with Johnny Cash.
      Oh you are amazing for having watched Jaws, and so many of the sequels. I'm in AWE of it. Wishes right back to you.. have a grand week!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Johnny Cash! He is one of my favorites too. I also get prescription sunglasses. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Lori. ♥! Hope your weekend is both fun and restful.
      Another Johnny Cash fan. yay!
      About sunglasses: I'm looking into the ones that Bev gets. They might be a whole lot simpler to deal with.

      Delete
  5. I forgot about how much I loved Johnny Cash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's amazing. Just hearing his voice can cheer me up. I forgot about all the great female country western singers, especially some of the newer ones.

      Delete
  6. I DID go to UC Berkeley, but only lasted a year and a half--then I went to work for the University.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a money problem, Bev. When my Dad's checks for the Hall started bouncing, I was offered a job at UCLA to cover the costs.
      But, my family was SO MESSED UP that I couldn't take them up on the offer. I had to go home. It involved Gun play, I kid you not. My little sister was practically mental.

      Delete
  7. Hello Zippi. I am happy to see you today. Your outhouse comment made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got one for you--the Southern states in winter is a great idea, and the best idea is New Orleans at Christmas. Reveillon is a great tradition, and so are bonfire on the levees. It's beautiful, and the best weather of the year. Temps more like late fall in my neck of the woods (New Mexico). And the humidity isn't crushing. Highly recommend!!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..