"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Sunday Stealing: From Facebook:

From Facebook


Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and
Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!

Whew.  That's over.  Let's get back to normal and use "safe" questions that won't offend anybody (I don't think).  Thanks, everyone, for your support.




From Facebook





Now for the Questions!

1) What is your favorite TV show (currently)?
Mmmmm this is a tough one.  I don't watch TV at all.  I just watch Netflix which is sort of TV.


2) Would you like to be a child again?
No, and I never want to be a child EVER again.  I hope that that I get OUT OF THIS PLACE!

 
3) Has anyone ever told you that school times were the best period of his/her life? Would you say that to someone? Why?
I would say that I had good times at school for the most part, and it was because of the teachers that took an interest in me.  I will always be indebted to my teachers who were not  prejudiced, and who nurtured my sore little soul. The reason?  I made it to adulthood because of them.  I would want to be a teacher who had those qualities.  I never did get to be a teacher, which was my goal after my two oldest girls were in 1st and 2nd grade.

 
4) How's the weather?
It's sunny and warmish.  Around 70 degrees. 

 
5) Do you like camping?
Camping is my favorite thing to do.  I could easily be a Gypsy.

 
6) Do you believe in paranormal phenomena?
Yes.

 
7) If you would create a holiday, what would it be called and how would we celebrate it? When would this holiday be?



It would be Holy Hopjes Day..  It would be in Summer.  On the first Saturday of Summer, actually.  Our family actually celebrated this holiday for several years and ate Hopjes every Saturday as a sort of Church Sacrament.  Some of my friends may remember it. 


8) What word(s) do you dislike? Can you tell why? The way that "favorite" is spelled in England.  The "why" of this is that I find it confusing.


9) What color do you dislike? What do you associate with it?
There's no color I dislike.  

 
10) Do you believe in otherworldly creatures, eg. ghosts, etc?
Ha!  I think we are the Ghosts.  That's why the other creatures in the other dimensions ignore us.

 
11) Pick two of your favourite fictional characters. Where are they from (what movie, book, etc?) and why are they your favourite?
I love Amarante and Captain Barbosa.   They are both from movies, and I like them because they both are catalyst characters.  When they show up you know things are afoot!!

 
12) If you could change anything or add anything to your body would you? (this can be interpreted however, but, think, would you like to have fins or extra hands?)
I would like to be able to breathe underwater.

 
13) What are some family traditions you have/had growing up? Do you still continue them, if yes, why, if no, why not?
The Why? To honor my Mother, who always did her best to make the holidays good for her kids.  


Mother made a version of See's Candy fudge, the recipe for which came to her from someone mother worked with in the late 40's.  Also, she made chocolate covered Easter Eggs which my Grandmother made for Mother when she was a child.  I was tasked with grating the coconut meat for these treats.  I made this fudge until things changed in the amounts of the recipe.  
I have the recipe for the eggs, and recently found a product that will work for the coconut.   There aren't any other traditions that I can remember.
 
14) What do you think of tattoos? Do you have any?
I think they are ok.  I don't have any but always wanted a small one on my ankle.


15)  What is the most disgusting habit some people have?
Gee, IDK.. picking their noses?

 
16)  If you could bring back one TV show that was cancelled, which would it be?
I just haven't a clue here.  Sorry..

 
17) What was the most unsettling film you have ever seen?
"Schindler's List"  I've seen a lot of Documentaries that are horrid, too.


18) What book has impacted you the most?
I would say the Bible but it's not the most impact for me.  The one that had the most impact was, The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich


19) You're on Death Row and get one final meal: What is that meal and why do you choose it?
This is just too much.  I most certainly wouldn't eat.  

I just learned of yet another Black man, who was executed in a Southern State, and one which DNA evidence would have exonerated.  He was killed anyway, after 19 years on death row.  Yes, I take these things to heart.  It's the way I am.  I have NO illusions that the Nazi mindset has died away....
 
20) What is the first profession you remember wanting to become as a child?

I do remember wanting to be an architect, and thought I was probably going to be one.  I designed buildings when I was about 10 years old.  After that there came a crazy admixture of stuff.

16 comments:

  1. #19 I agree with your last statement. It just seems to me the times they are a changin, and not forward. Backwards.
    http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The times are changin' and no, not for the better. I'm reading a book, a well documented Exposé actually, about what has happened in administrations as far back as from Truman and through to Johnson, and it's not a very pretty picture. The things we do not know has made us some bitter enemies.

      Delete
  2. I am with you on death row. Its cruel and unusual. It denies a person repentance. I hate thinking of it at all, but.. I hate life in prison as well. Don't get me started.
    The fudge sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fudge was wonderful. It's a lot better than what is called Fantasy Fudge, now. It was richer and darker.

      Death Row should be over, except for treason, maybe. I'm not willing to trust the Criminal Justice System to get it right. We just haven't done a good job insisting that they do!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you had some good teachers who nurtured you. That can make such a difference and god bless the good ones out there. I had a few incredible teachers myself. Sadly, with my kids I ran into many of the not so good ones and I'm glad those days are behind me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you say, the teachers who are caring and focused on their jobs make all the difference in the world to a kid. I'm glad and happy to have had mostly good teachers. Amazing teachers, actually.
      Hope you have a lovely day off tomorrow. You work so HARD!

      Delete
  4. "Favourite" is the way it has always been spelled in the UK since before it was changed in the US to "favorite". The same with "color" and "colour".

    I read an interesting book about it once.

    We do speak the same language (almost) but see my answer to the same question.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! A Book! Shoot me the title because it's something that would be very interesting to read!
      It may be the Norman influence in the language. There are a few others, as well. What I can't understand is why the spell checking engines can't accept that both ways are correct. I'm off to bed now but I will look at your answers on my iPad, which is good for lots of things but I'm not a good hunt and peck typist. It also makes me crazy. But for shorter answers it's fine. Have a lovely week!

      Delete
    2. I think it was Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson (but I'm not sure to be honest).

      :o)

      Cheers

      PM

      Delete
    3. Thank you! 🙏🏼 It’s ok if it wasn’t the source. I love non-fiction, and I will read the book you mentioned as long as I can find it.

      Delete
  5. I have never heard of hopjes. I am missing out. UGH. Loved your answers! Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori. We got our first taste of Hopjis in a place called Solvang, up the coast from us quite aways. The oler girls were small and the twins were still smaller, and we had a nice family vacation camping along the coast all the way to San Simeon. Solvang was a day trip and it was lovely. Thanks for the good wishes and I wish them back to you. ♥♥

      Delete
  6. I aspire to be the type of teacher who connects with students. I think I do a pretty good job, but there is always room for improvement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't a doubt in the world that you are exactly the sort of teacher that turned my life from bad to good. I thought of you when I was typing that out, and I hoped that it would be a sort of validation of the teacher that you are... BIG HUGS!

      Delete
  7. Hi Zippi, thank you for putting me in the Old Sewing World, I am honored, although I don't sew much. I found your answers to these questions to be very profound and deep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! The Broken Body Buddies are out there still, somewhere, carrying on with life and it's limits. They will all welcome you with open arms if we ever get the group back together. I think of them all the time. Fun times, but alas, a fly got in the ointment, and crashed Sewing World. A rather nasty fly.
      I was in a mood I guess, re: answering these questions. Tense times! But don't worry. We have to trust the Ancestors. *wink* ♥♥

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..