"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Sunday Stealing: Swap Bot

Thanks to Bev, we have this Lovely, lovely meme every week.  Yay!

Want to play?  Go HERE
There's a Linkie there to see everyone else's offerings....



1. You can breathe underwater or be able to fly. Which one would you choose and why?
I would chose to breathe underwater,  mostly because it would be great to see that is undiscovered, and it would be so nice to escape the noisy and polluted air.  Also, though it would be fabulous to fly, everyone and their DOG has a drone, so that drones fill the lower air spaces.  Not only that, there are always the odd bat-blind huckleberry ass-hat here and there who would shoot you down, and say that they mistook you for a crane. 

 
2. What's your go to order at a café?
Usually I get a salad... so I'd probably get a vegetarian Cob Salad, now that every last head of Romaine has been recalled from the latest outbreak of e-coli.

 
3. Where do you feel the safest?
At home, snuggled up in the Lazy Boy, with the doggie snoozing in Mr.Z's lap and as we watch a comedy, or at least the less Gory stuff on Prime or Netflix.

 
4. What is the one book or book series you could reread without getting bored for the rest of time?


Vicram Seth's Novel,  A Suitable Boy.  I love that book! 
 
5. You will receive ten million dollars, but you need to spend one million dollars in 24 hours to receive the other nine million tax free (and you can’t tell anyone what you’re doing). What do you spend it on?
Twenty Four Hours, that's just a little tough...  

I'd buy a house in Santa Cruz.  I know just the one. Then *poof*, I'd pay off the mortgage the next day.  That twenty four hours better start only when the first Million, in cash, is in my bank.  Otherwise, things could get a little hairy.
 
6. What was your favorite vacation to date?
The one when we took all the girls on a camping trip up the coast to Big Sur, stopping along the way at different places.  We were gone three weeks. 

 
7. Is there any scent that reminds you of a specific memory? What is the scent and what does it remind you of?
The perfume called, "Topaz".  It reminds me of my mother.  This is because she wore that most of her life.  She was an Avon Lady for many years.  But that was always her favorite perfume.  She really loved her job.

 
8. What is your favourite TV series? Do you have just one or more?
Sorry.. But I guess it is going to be the last one we all watched, as a family, M.A.S.H.  After that, we gave up on Network TV.  "Mystery", on PBS, which we'd watched along with it, became our favorite one.

 
9. They say that in life you need to try everything. Are there things you will never try?
I will never walk on the edge of a sea cliff or any other cliff.  I've lived by Black's Beach too long.  I will never walk Angels' Landing; I will never go sky diving.

 
10. If I ask you to close your eyes and remember a picture of you, what do you see ?
I see myself holding my two little toddlers when they were one and two years old.  We are sitting on the floor of our house in the 60's, and I think we'd been reading a book together.

 
11. What was your childhood bedroom like?
Crowded.  All four of us slept in the same tiny room.  The best part about it was that it had a large window on the wall that faced the river valley, so I could see the tall, tall, Eucalyptus trees that grew the banks and the starry sky that was revealed along the course of the river.

 
12. Are you a GoodWill, or any second hand store customer?
I love Thrift stores.  Good Will is my favorite, and there are other ones for the smaller charities that I support, like St. Vincent De Paul's, and Children's Hospital Auxiliary.

 
13. How do you feel about the death penalty?
Far, FAR, too many innocent people have been put to death.  We should have no death penalty for that reason alone.  It should be life in prison, so that there is a chance to SAVE them.  I fully support the Innocence Project.

 
14.  If you could live in any fictional world, where would it be?
I'd be a Hobbit.  So, it would be anywhere they are.  Their persons and little fictional lives are the BEST!


15. Do you believe in ghosts/spirits & have you had any experiences with them?

Yes, and Yes...  It has kept me believing in Christ's teachings and in the teaching of Buddha, for that matter.  Something Christ says can really only be read properly by knowing the basis of his words.  And yes, I'll argue with you, so Bring it! lol  

Let's duke it OUT!
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, Topaz would really take me back, but I never run into anyone who wears it these days. The same goes for Jean Nate. That was my mom's favorite but you can't find it these days. Now she wears White Diamonds which I don't like at all, but can't tell her that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are always things that you just can’t tell Mom. 😂. Have a great day, Stacy. 💃🏻🎶

      Delete
  2. I love M*A*S*H. I watch the marathon every Saturday. It's amazing how it never goes out of date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a marathon? I'll have to go look for it! I could knit to that sort of thing, I think. Thanks for the Head's Up, Bev!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Why thank you, Ms.Kwizgiver. That's very kind of you. I always think of you when I'm either reading or I'm knitting, the latter of which I've been able to "get back to" in the last few weeks. Onward and Upward!

      Delete
  4. You and I would run into one another in Middle Earth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how wonderful! You must come to tea! High Tea, that is, and we'll eat all our favorite things, and feel blessed that we finally got away from the world of Man. Our hubbies can herd the milk cows together and chat about stuff while they drink home brew. Yippie!

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..