"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease ๐Ÿฆ  And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, December 21, 2019

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

 Readers, I will see you after the holidays.  Taking a break...Sunday Stealing, then a break..Wolfie gets all my attention for the remaining time...

๐ŸŽ„ Happy Holidays๐ŸŽ„


1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?  No, I never sat on Santa's Lap.  But my little brother and sister did.  Santas were only at the big department stores in the war years.   Also, Mother and I spent two of my early years of Christmas in Ohio, in farmland which in those days was very rural.  You see, she went to her parent's house to live there rather than with relatives here when dad left for war.  But, I did write letters to Santa.  

 An Aside: My second memory, ever, was of Christmas.  I remember waking up to a snowy scene mother had created inside the tiny room that my parents had rented when I was three.  It was a little store front so had big windows and a windowed glass door.  She made it look like a snowed-in thing out of a Dickens' Novel, with soap suds and tissue paper cut outs and other things brought from her mother's tree in Ohio.  Mother was a little Magical. I wasn't quite 3,  and we had just moved back to California.  She LOVED Christmas.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?  As far as I know, I'm still on the nice list.  *cues Angelic Choir Music while tripping over her little, red. trident-tipped tail when it wraps itself around her big, hooved feet* 


OOps! ๐Ÿ˜‡  You do notice that halo has slipped a bit, yes? 
 
3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
I didn't.  

 
4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?  No.  I have far too much junk to want anymore.  I'm gearing up to give a ton of stuff to the Good Will over the next few months. We are having a clearing out!

 
5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year?  I have two favorites currently.  One is, "Get Santa", and the other is, "It's a Wonderful Life".

 
6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?  I don't think so.  I seem to remember going to see something around Christmas Time but not of Christmas Day.

 
7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?  No.  And that's probably because I've never BEEN to a company Christmas party.

 
8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?  I haven't had it for years, but I like the sort of hot chocolate that one can get in France. Thick and silky smooth.  Like the stuff in the movie, "Chocolat"



 
9. Share a memory from last Christmas.  I put the tree up, but didn't decorate it.  I've done the same this year.  Maybe next year I'll feel like decorating.




If you would like to see other players posts, go HERE to the linkie.
 
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us next week for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your holidays! 

14 comments:

  1. I don't know exactly what French hot chocolate is like, but I make some very rich and creamy hot chocolate by using eggnog as the base. It is very good.

    Wishing you and yours a happy and blessed Christmas, Zippi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacy, and I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas time,too.
      Your hot chocolate sounds amazing. Yum!

      Delete
  2. My tree is in the closet. I'm not home at Christmastime and there doesn't seem much point. I am happy to see my wreath on the front door, though. I think you're smart to do what feels right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way you said that, and yes, “what feels right” describes my feelings perfectly. Next year will be better I hope. Have a lovely Christmastime celebration, and have it your way. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ

      Delete
  3. It's A Wonderful Life is my favorite as well. I wish I lived cose to you, I would decorate your tree. I love to do that.
    I decorated my mom's too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ARE so sweet, and it would be fun to have you decorate my tree. I’d make us some hot chocolate like Stacy makes!
      Have a Very Merry Christmas, Lori! ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ๐Ÿช☕️

      Delete
  4. I would like to come and have a hot chocolate with you, too, if I lived close! We did not put up our big tree because of my husband's surgery; instead we bought a little 3-foot tree and it has one ornament on it (and the multi-colored lights that came with it). I'm not sure it feels "right" but it's the best we can manage this year, with both of us not at our best. Merry Christmas, Zippi. May 2020 be a blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *through the magic of the internet, zippy hands CountryDew and her Hubster a self filling mug of hot chocolate, ala the wine bottle in “The Bishop’s Wife” *.
      Wow, you two have had a rotten time of it! Sending lots of healing vibes and good wishes!
      Love you! ❤️๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ„.

      Delete
  5. you've introduced me to a new film--I've never heard of Get Santa! I'm going to watch it today (I rented it).

    Merry Christmas--much love, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Kwizgiver! And thank you!
      If you want another slightly crazy, and slightly risquรฉ in one little place, film try “The Christmas Chronicles” with Kurt Russel. It’s a scream! Netflix has it. If I remember right! ๐Ÿคฃ

      Delete
  6. I love the font you use for your note to readers. Which font is it?

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Bev.

    ๐ŸŽ„Merry Christmas!๐ŸŽ„

    And the note to readers is in Mountains of Christmas font. But it's in Italics as well. I use it in the Side Bar titles in a regular setting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree with everyone else, the French hot chocolate sounds delicious.
    I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana; Wherever you land, I hope you have a Merry Christmas,too.

      Yay for Hot Chocolate. I think I will use Stacy's shortcut.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..