"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Sunday Stealing: Sleepy Rambles

Sleepy Rambles


Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog
 "Funny the World". . 
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and
Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!


Taken From Sleepy Rambles

If you would like to see the Linkie for other people's blog posts, please go HERE

Now for the Questions.  

1. Do you ever give things away to your friends? Yes.

2. Does it make you uncomfortable when your parents talk about finding people attractive? If your parents don’t make comments like that, what sort of things can your family members say that do make you feel uncomfortable?  They make me uncomfortable when they tell off color jokes, or make derogatory comments about anything, mostly about other people, and especially
those made about other peoples' color or ethnicity.  I'm not related to these people by blood, and I remind myself of that while biting my tongue.  Happily, it's been pretty much stopped in it's tracks, so to speak.  Events have overtaken it.

3. Have you ever heard of an “alternative spring break”? Have you ever participated in one or known someone who has? I've heard of them but never participated in one.  I never had a chance to participate in ANY Spring Break.  No money. 

4. Is there anyone’s friendship or relationship, in particular, that makes you jealous?  Nope.

5. Is there a book series where you loved the first book, but for some reason the other books in the series just didn’t measure up?  Several of the writers of fiction about the Amish.  The crushing numbers of typos, and/or other mistakes like abuse of the language, is wearing out my enthusiasm for them.

6. Are you a registered voter? Oh yes, always from the time I could vote, which a few of you will know was 21 years of age.  That was in the Crinoid Period, by the way, Geologically speaking.

7. Are there any stores/restaurants that you would like to shop/eat at, but there aren’t any located near enough to you? Not that I know of.  When we finally got a Macy's we lost the Bullocks, so maybe I want that back.  But these days, it doesn't much matter what's out there.  I don't go to any of them, except for World Market.  I love that place!  JoAnn's and World Market.  yesssss!

8. How many people would you say you are close with? I actually have dozen of friends I'm really close to.  Who are they?  They are friends and relatives.  We have a support network.

9. Do you ever have smell hallucinations? No.

10. Is there something that you did not used to take seriously, that you either now take seriously or wish that you had in the past (e.g., a relationship that you miss, your education, etc.)?  No, my biggest regret was about something that I took VERY seriously.  I was planning to take classes at San Diego State ( finishing my credits for a degree) as soon as my two little girls were in school full time. Alas, an infection led  to a chain of events that made it impossible.  I wish I'd had the grit to finish anyway, but it was hard on EVERY one. So I quit night school college again some time around the time the twins were two or maybe three.  I still am hit with regrets about that decision.  

 
11. Are there any subjects that you are interested in so much that you would read whole books or academic journals about them?  Oh Cricky, you bet  there are! 

12. Are you physically affectionate with your friends? I am if they are open to hugging. Sure!

13. When you were in school, did you witness a lot of bullying? How did the teachers react to name-calling or violence? I was bullied all through school.  But when I finally lashed out in high school, and kicked someone's fat *ss when they ganged up on me, the teachers sorted it all out, and the other two girls were suspended.  There had been witnesses to it all.  I wore my black eye proudly. My best male friend at the time, commented on it.  He laughed; I laughed.  He certainly understood!

14. If there is a specific celebrity (or two, or three!) that you dislike, is it because of petty reasons or is it because they’ve done something absolutely damning in your mind? It's petty.. and yes.  I don't think they can act, and it's painful to watch.  There are a couple but I couldn't find them.  I think they both have the same first name, "Adam".  If I see that they are in the cast, I won't watch the film.  They are so darn inept and DULL!

15. Are any of your friends/relatives actually impressive artists or writers?  

Relatives: Rebecca.  That kid can draw and paint anything!  She works on a two person CAD artist team for a mid-sized company.  My cousin is an architect who designs BIG buildings.  My Bro has won awards for his schematics for machinery design.  I guess that's draftsmanship.   And I have a niece who is a Tat artist and owns two studios.

Friends: My oil painting teacher, and friend, was/is an incredible Seascape artist.  A "once" neighbor is a sculptor who designs gorgeous, huge, life-like Bronzes.  He's become an expat, and moved to Mexico with his whole studio because of the logistics of it all!  His mother, who befriended me when we moved here, was a fabulous portrait artist.  

 I might actually know some impressive artists and writers among online friends, but I'm not sure who except for two, and even they would deny it to be true.  One of them is a journalist, and the other is a copywriter. ;o)

10 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a similar bullying experience to me. There were only one or two guys but when I lashed out - it all stopped.

    Good for you.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so understand how it helps the cause when you assert yourself. Good for you! It worked. I don't think anyone will forget that fight. A couple of people couldn't sit down for weeks I reckon, and I wasn't one of them. All I got was a shiner. ;o)

      Delete
  2. Didn't get bullied but I do know if a person stands up to bullies, they back off as they are really cowardly. I've noticed misspellings in books and articles online lately. It is getting worse all the time, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right. They are cowards. Or they are bullied at home and just lash out at those they consider weaker, or friendless.
      The errata in books is getting so bad. I won't read much more of those authors, only the books I've paid for.

      Delete
  3. I am curious about your illness that led to your not finishing college. It took me 8 years to get my degree because I was constantly having surgeries and having to drop out during semesters. I had no children so going back was easier, but if I'd had children I doubt I would have finished. I expect life has given you enough lessons to make up for the lack of a degree. I would like to give you an honorary degree: Thoughtful Blog Queen from the School of Hard Knocks. (At least it's not a degree from Trump U.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CountryDew. I will wear my laurel Wreath with Pride. You had a lot of challenges of your own, though different, you surmounted that fate and completed your degree. Brava! :o)

      My illness was what that generation politely called, "female troubles". Those lead, down the line, to a doubling of the family.
      But, I don't regret it. What I do regret was the earning power that would have provided college money,and that special "savvy" that teachers possess. They can find scholarships and colleges for their kids when others cannot. Now, those things, I do truly regret.

      Delete
  4. All those misspellings and typos, in my opinion, can be chalked up to the lax education we give our kids. I blew up on a teacher once for giving my son an A on a paper that was a total mess. He said it deserved an A because the "concept" was good. He and I went round and round because that's not how the real world works. Only these days it seems it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only seeing these things in the Amish books, but then it could be wider spread than that. I read mostly non fiction that is vetted to DEATH. Gah!
      Still, I think you are right. Yours may be the last generation where spelling down graded a paper, regardless of content.
      I also suspect that the people writing what I am reading in the Amish books are displaying a lack of competent proof reading as well as the language because Amish children learn English as a second language. That can't help either, since they only go up to the 8th grade in their schools. Thanks for your though provoking comment! ♥!

      Delete
  5. Just dropping in to wish you a very Merry Christmas!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola, Karen! Thanks for the visit! Hope your Christmas was Merry and that your New Year is Bright! ♥!

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..