"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, November 13, 2020

Saturday 9: All of Me


 

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so to speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) John Legend sings he loves his woman's "perfect imperfections." Tell us something quirky or imperfect about a loved one that you would not change.  

I can see that you want to get me killed.  Lol....OK,  without saying who it is, I will try:  I love the way this person always tries to minimize critics by making fun of themselves.  I love this person with my whole heart, but that's his/her quirkiness. If my kids are reading this, No, it isn't you.  It's not your Pa, either.  

2) John wrote this love song to his wife, Chrissy Teigen. The couple recently lost their baby after pregnancy complications. To whom did you most recently send a sympathy (or "thinking of you") card or message?   

Not recently, those were to us.  But I do fear this may change as the US has the WORST record against Covid-19 in all the world.  It's going to get worse before it gets any better.
 
3) While adventurous in his creative career choices, John admits his taste in food leans toward the tried and true. His favorites are chicken (rotisserie or fried), macaroni and cheese, and steamed vegetables. What's on your weekend menu?  

 Well, I'm not sure.  We eat whatever we both decide we want to eat.  I'd say that "tried and true" fits me nowadays.
 
4) When he was growing up, John's mother, Phyllis, helped support the family as a seamstress. Are you any good with a needle and thread? 
 

I made my own clothes for years until my shoulder and arm decided it had enough.  Now that it's fixed itself, HaHa, I'm trying to get myself to sew again.  It's an uphill struggle.

I also had a small business doing alterations and custom sewing when the twins were finally in grade school. It morphed into ceramics and jewelry but it started out as alterations and custom sewing.  I really should have stayed with Custom and alterations! lol

5) As a child, he was such a big fan of Andy Griffith and Matlock that he wanted to be a lawyer. If you grew up to have the same occupation as the TV character you liked best as a kid, what would you be doing? 
 

I'd be a Comedian!  I still Love Lucy....πŸ’“πŸ’

6) John is a judge on The Voice. Do you watch that show? Or America's Got Talent, or American Idol? 

 Nope, but I knew I had seen this man somewhere.  I've only have watched a few of those two shows on YouTube. 
 
7) In 2013, the year this song was popular, twin baby pandas were born at Zoo Atlanta. Their panda parents had been given to the US as a gift from the Chinese, with the understanding that any offspring would be given to China. So, in 2016, the panda cubs were flown to a Chinese conservation center. They had a hard time adjusting at first, confused by jet lag, unresponsive when spoken to in Chinese, unimpressed by their new diet. Have you ever found yourself similarly overwhelmed when you traveled far from home? (BTW, the pandas are doing just fine now in their permanent Chinese home.)

No, not really comparable to something like being ripped from my family and sent to the other side of the earth.  

We all had a short and scary time of it on one long trip to Northern California.  Mr. Z woke up with what turned out to be a case of Bell's Palsy.  Not knowing what it was, and the fact that it looked like he'd had a stroke, didn't help at all.  

I can't imagine how those poor baby Pandas felt though.  It has to be hard on them. 

8) Also in 2013, The Pope posted his first tweet. What social media platforms do you regularly use?  I use Instagram, IRC, Blogger, and some Bulletin Boards. I also like Pinterest, but "Love" is more like it for Pinterest.
 9) Random question: Have you ever a) written something on a public wall or b) carved anything into a tree of bench? 
 

No.  I'm such a stick in the mud.  I have READ things on bathroom walls though that were hilarious!

 πŸ‘‰  If you would like to see other posts from the rest of our Gang of Niner's, please Go HERE πŸ‘ˆ

 And now a note from our Founder and Esteemed Prez...

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!


15 comments:

  1. How scary for your hubs to have that happen on vacation, far from home!

    I still love Lucy, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gal. I was trembling with fear clear up until the jovial doctor assured me what it was.

      Lucy was a doll. Such a funny lady! She lives on for many of us, and that's a kind of immortality.

      Delete
  2. I love I Love Lucy! She brought so much laughter, something America really needs right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we really do need that right now. And, I'm really glad to have the Sat9ers, and the Thieves, to help me cheer up.
      Wishing you a great week end. Relaxing and healthy.

      Delete
  3. I was just having a laugh the other day with my Mom about the great Lucy "conveyor belt" scene in the Candy Factory. Lucy rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure does! She was a very funny lady, and still gives her own sort of wonky joy in the re-runs. I mis-typed that last as "re-funs". lol

      Delete
  4. I didn't know bulletin boards were still available. I thought they'd vanished long ago. Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trying to think if they are called that, but I think the one for cameras is a BB. Yahoo groups was a modified one. but now it's gone as well. They just canned it a month ago.

      I think they (BBs) may have a resurgence because they are private, and they can be used to present ideas and things.

      Delete
    2. Ugly Hedgehog is the camera one

      https://www.uglyhedgehog.com/ It's called a forum

      Delete
  5. I also love Lucy.
    I watch many old TV shows on television now and most of the humor on the shows are passe, but the Lucy is always funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see that Lucy still so well liked.
      She's always funny. πŸ˜‚ Such a comfort in a world moving too quickly and threatening to spin out.
      Can you tell I'm tired? lol I could sleep a hundred years.

      Delete
  6. I was on a girlfriends weekend getaway when one of our group woke up with Bells Palsy--that was one of the scariest weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, then you have lived through it, that terrible fear. You can really appreciate how one's heart sinks and one's life just rushes out of the toes. Hardly anyone tells you about it until it happens and so your imagination LEAPS to the idea of a stroke.

      Delete
  7. I Love Lucy is such a great show! Good choice! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori, and I hope you have a great weekend also. Working gals really do need that weekend. Truly.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..