"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

The face of selfishness in the face of other people’s deaths

 This is a quote from an article in the New York Times article 

“A ‘Terrifying’ Coronavirus Surge Will Land in Biden’s Lap”


Kathleen Skeins, a travel agent outside Detroit, used to be busy planning all-inclusive trips abroad for her clients. Now, she said, she is among the many business owners in America who are ‘barely starting to get back on their feet.’ 

‘We’ve already had so many people that have lost their dreams in the first shutdown,” said Ms. Skeins, 51, who said she cast her first ballot in about 30 years last week, and voted for Mr. Trump. While she doesn’t take the virus lightly, she said, she remains firmly opposed to any restrictions that could hurt her business.

“The virus is never going to go away,” she said. “It’s just a part of our lives.’”

My take on this:

I’m thinking that this emergency is a testing ground for character, kindness, unselfish fellow feeling, and, yes, Christian values.  Nothing else can convince me that it’s anything less.  

We are being tested, our love and our character are being tested.  Travel is the way this spread all over the globe so rapidly.  And my guess is that Ms. Skeins is not tracking cases of covid19 picked up by her clients and passed onto their unsuspecting co-workers, or their families. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi! How are you? .....yeah, thought the split wouldn't be so close. Going to try my best to get back to reading my blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PJ. That split really should have been more sane but these are insane times. Me? I'm still recovering from my fall. But I'm getting most of my memory back, finally. It's been a struggle that wasn't expected. I was told it might happen.

      How are you? Will you be updating Golden Oasis or is it for Golden's now? Your dogs are always such beautiful, good natured creatures that breeding seems to be a good fit. You are an excellent trainer.
      It's good to hear from you and that you are going to read your blogs again.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..