"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Sunday Stealing

First an Important message from the Head Pirate:

Hi! I'm your host Bev 2 Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This 3 feature originated and publishe on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal 4 all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise 5 to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and 6 intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!  

 Sunday Stealing from Mantelligence

 NOW... if you would like to see more offerings from the rest of the Pirates, Go HERE

1. What is the craziest, most outrageous thing you want to achieve? Other than to establish World Peace?  I'll give it a pass.  The things I want to achieve would probably get me arrested.  I try not to think about them.  They also would require a magic wand.

2. Have your parents influenced what goals you have? My mother wasn't a quitter. My Dad was a Sociopath.  My goal in life was to be like my industrious little Mamma and to NEVER be like the paternal unit.  Except for the few years of my early adulthood, I think I managed to follow the best one of the two.

3. What is a fashion trend you’re glad went away.  Since I still wish I could get navy style bell bottoms it's not those.  Having said that I  am VERY glad that shoes that were stacked so HIGH that you could easily break your neck wearing them, are not now a thing of the past.

4. What word or saying from the past do you think should come back?  If it was left back there in the past, any word or saying would be completely irrelevant today.  So, I say none. 

5. What do you bring with you everywhere you go? My purse.

6. Is there such a thing as a soul? I've lived long enough to say there is such a thing as a soul.  I won't go into details here, but there's been ample evidence, in my view, that souls exist.

7. Is there life after death?  Life is just a dream, Sweetheart.  Death is a door, and we get out of this monkey cage by going through it.

8. Do you think there will ever be a third world war?   Given our miserable little past, I'd say yes.

9. What smell brings back great memories?  The smell of pine trees, and wood smoke.

10. How would you like to be remembered?  As a Stargazer, which is actually my Native American name. 

11. What kind of music are you into?  Guitar and Lute music of all kinds, and Classical Music.

12. What is the biggest surprise of your life?  That a tiny one (not three as I had said) pound poodle puppy could steal my heart in a nano second when he dropped down into play stance in a quiet room at the rockhound round up.  DH scruffed the rug in front of him, and Jazzy did that.  I'd told Mr. Z that I did NOT want another dog after my dear heart, little Muttley. 

Jasper Jazzboy

13. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?  Pasta SALAD!


14. Where is the most awe inspiring place you have been?  Yosemite Valley, at the Falls.


15. Describe your life in six words Learning to be the best Me

From somewhere on the Web. So CUTE!

 

19 comments:

  1. Establishing world peace would be a great think - but I believe nobody on this planet could achieve that, sadly.

    I used to have a cat called Jasper.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasper is such a useful name. Our little Jazzie was a doll!
      And yes, sadly, world peace would be wonderful but not enough people have figured out that wars to get other people's *stuff* (be it territory or resources) will be the end of the human race.

      Delete
  2. Oh Jasper! Yes, I should have put my dogs down for that one too. Great answer! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jasper describes quite a few doggie antics though Jazz was named for his color which is like Ocean Jasper. Since he became a regular at rockhound round ups and other meetings, like a couple of other pooches, he was well named!

      Delete
  3. Dogs touch our heart is a special way. When they pass, they take a piece of our heart with them. When my last dog died at the end of 2009, I said no more. Then 3 years ago my grand dog had puppies and I was there to watch. One of those puppies in our Minnie Mouse long haired doxie. We were in Yosemite Valley last fall(2019) It was beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, they certainly get right into your heart, and they do indeed take a piece of it when they go. Glad you got a another dog! That's what my own GP said to me when she saw me after we'd gotten Wolfie. She saw the twinkle had returned to my eyes! That's a cute name for your lil doxie.
      Yosemite is Gorgeous all year. We went in the spring and the Merced river was just ROARING through it, and the Falls where shooting WAY out from the cliff it was running so high. Unforgettable images in the brain.

      Delete
  4. I was listening to lute music at school and my students were fascinated by it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you know and understand the magic of that instrument, then. Imagine how it sounded in a castle great room, echoing through the rafters.
      If I could learn another instrument, I would learn the lute. I can't even hold my guitar well anymore. But, there's guitars in heaven, yes? hehe

      Delete
  5. I love your last answer! Perfect. I did not give that one enough thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you CountryDew. 6 words was tough. "I want to be rich" is only five. What give with that? lol

      Delete
    2. I though your answer was perfectly fine! Stay in the groove and see you soooooon!

      Delete
  6. Yosemite is one of my favorite places, though I have not been there in many years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's open this year, and is probably impossible to get a space in for the next year, too. We are both lucky that we got to see it when we did, I think. Who knows whether the campground will be privatized before the Orange Menace leaves office.

      Delete
  7. I agree on world peace would be nice. We have 7 critters now and all touched our life in a very different way. Funny you said bell bottoms and platforms (I AM GLAD THEY ARE BOTH GONE) hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI 2 gators. We need world peace and the bending of "swords into plowshares". We need to feed people!
      I used to be able to get navy issue bell bottoms (swabby fatigues)from friends, and they were so comfortable. I never wore anything but them back in the day...
      But I hear you about the ones that came after them. UGH! They even made three piece suits with Bell bottom legs. gah!

      Delete
  8. I loved my Ginger girl, she died unexpectedly the day after my Dad died. I was in SC, and poor hubs had to take her to the vet. Inoperable tumor in her inner ear. I was ... crushed. But along came our girl Maddie who needed saving. We saved her, and she saved us. Dogs are the most wonderful beings...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for telling your rescue dog story, though it must have been so hard to live through that time of great loss. So much loss!
    Dogs are so smart, and have such Empathy for humans. they are the most wonderful beings. I am going to miss our little Wolf, when that time comes. yes, you saved Maddie, and she saved you. i so understand this. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so amazing with your responses! Just the right type of snark, I absolutely love it:) Animals are wonderful beings and when you get to connect, I feel it brightens the soul just that much more. I am glad another was able to find their way into yours.
    OJM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement. 🙏 I am humbled by your affection for my snark! 🙂

      All the other animals make life worth living. It certainly brightens the soul, as you say. Oh! did you hear that an elephant's brain reacts to seeing a human the way that OUR brains react to puppies? I got so chuffed when hearing that. After all that we've put them through.
      Enjoy the new week... 😀

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..