"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, December 18, 2020

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

Sorry friends.  This is pretty basic this week.  I’m working from my iPad and it has few “bells and whistles”.  

So... off we go! 

 1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?  I pretty much only wrote letters.  When I was small mother took me to downtown L.A. to see the beautiful displays at Sears and other department stores.  That’s the only time I ever saw a department store Santa.  

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?  I’ve been yelling at people in videos too much this year, so I’m likely on the naughty list.  I’ve been using some very naughty words that my mother would not approve of. Santa probably would understand but mother, no. 

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest? I didn’t ship any presents this year.  Some one kindly shipped some goodies to our house though. Delicious 😋 little bits of this and that arrived yesterday. 

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? I bought a combo birthday/ Christmas gift, a Third Eye singing bowl.  Very nice.  My birthday is a couple days before Christmas. 

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year? I love a lot of them.  But one of them is is, “ Nothing Like The Holidays” with Albert Molina.  We’ll have to see if we can rent it somewhere. 

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day? No.  

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?  No. 
The Last two questions I can’t see on the iPad. Beverage..hot tea is my favorite. And... last Christmas we got together with relatives and had a feast and played out quarters game.  I also got to see my grandniece from Arizona!  She’s lovely.  
I can’t see the last question on this on the iPad which is having issues 

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.

14 comments:

  1. #2 -- I say you're on the Nice list! I agree that Santa doesn't mind swear words. When you consider all the poor man has to accomplish in just 24 hours, I bet a few choice words pass his lips, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been so angry for so long, and yes, I bet that Santa has a "few choice words" to fling around- and I bet,happily, they are all in Elfish. Merry, Merry Christmas, Sam!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of that movie but I see it's free on Youtube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I never thought about looking on YouTube!
      I will happily watch it from there now.
      Merry, Merry Sweet Knitter Buddy.

      Delete
  3. Love the gift you got for yourself--a singing bowl. I just like the way it sounds....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend.
      They are so lovely to listen too. If I ever get that Round To-it which is necessary to motovate the brain cells. I'll post a short video on some platform somewhere to link back.

      Delete
  4. This year I think it will be just a Zoom Christmas, most of the grandnieces and grand nephews are in their teens so we just do a Yankee Swap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yankee Swaps are terrific fun, as long as they don't start a real war. heehee
      We actually might get around to doing a Zoom but, being technology challenged I'm pretty sure it would be a laughfest of broken connections and cuss words.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Why, thank you kindly Mz Songbird. And, a Happy Hanukkah to you! Loved the beautiful picture of the Christmas tree in Times Square. I'm jealous.

      Delete
  6. I mostly wrote letters to Santa as well. Your goodie gift sounds wonderful! Enjoy! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. The very kind papa, of my daughter's partner, who was sending out gift packs to his customers, let my daughter send out packages to her family as well.

      I hope that you have a great weekend, too. Enjoy your holidays!

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday! And Merry Christmas! I am sure you're on the nice list. I love that you bought yourself a singing bowl! That is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the good wishes, Country Dew.
    About Santa's list: I guess bodily harm is about the only thing that might get someone on the naughty list, so our normally good natured folk here at Saturday9 are safely wearing their halos. ;o)

    That singing bowl was the one thing that I told DH I wanted. I picked it out online and he picked it up at the Meditation Center here. It's sooooo calming... I climbed down out of my tree to ring it every once in awhile during the dark days of the Mad Hatter's Tea Party.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..