Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Ariana Grande thanks her former boyfriends for what they taught her about love, life, patience and pain. Do you believe you have learned more from your successes, or your mistakes?
Since I am one of those rare people who nver makes misteaks, I'd say it was from my successes that I learnd my self conficince and paniche..
2) One of the young men mentioned in the song is Pete Davidson, a cast member of Saturday Night Live. SNL has been on for more than 45 years now. Who is your all-time favorite cast member?
Since I never watch SNL, sad to say, I have no favorites. I just remember the wicked Donald Trump that Alec Baldwin created. And some of Gilda Radner's skits that hit the big time.
3) Thinking of funny people ... As you can see from the video, Ariana performed "Thank U, Next" on Ellen Degeneres' talk show. Ellen makes people laugh every afternoon. Who in your life can you always count on to make you laugh or smile? The totally ironic and sarcastic joking of my daughters and hubby. Baby goat videos on the web, and lets see... 🤔Political Cartoons?
4) It looks like Ariana Grande's personal romantic saga will have a happy ending because at Christmastime, she announced her engagement. Do you know anyone who is getting married in 2021?
5) Ariana loves Harry Potter and named her dogs Snape, Lily and Sirius Black after characters in the J.K. Rowling books. Are you a Harry Potter fan? No, I am a fan of Gandolf, Striker, and Legolas.
6) She loves board games, especially Monopoly. Sam isn't crazy about Monopoly because it takes so long. How about you? Are you a Monopoly fan? I used to love to play it with my sister in law who would always upset the board by accident when she was going broke. Or so the story goes. I think she was set up. She's a real light in my life that one.
7) In 2018, the year this song was released, Toys R Us closed all its stores and went out of business. Who received the last toy you purchased? What was it? Since we haven't had kidlets in the family for a long time, I cannot remember the last toy we bought for anyone.
8) Also in 2018, Aretha Franklin died. What's your favorite Aretha song? "R.E.S.P.E.C.T."
9) Random question: Are you more likely to shed a tear at a wedding or during a movie?
To be honest, it would the movies.
However....... Weddings are usually something for happiness and that doesn't make me cry. Now if the bride and bridesmaids came up the aisle break dancing, I think I would cry with laughter. So cool! When I saw this for the first time, I brought tears to my eyes. So much fun! Beautifully done.
Don't they all look cool in their Shades?