"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, April 30, 2021

Saturday 9: something about Taylor Swift...

 1) The lyrics tell us about a romantic summer night on a balcony. Does your home have a balcony? No balcony. 

2) Taylor Swift sings that her father warns her boyfriend to stay away, but she sees him anyway. Tell us about a time you defied your parents. Not my parents but the Universally hated paternal unit.  I went to the mountains with my collie on Father’s Day and he was offended. 

3) The castle in this video looks European, but it's in Arrington, TN. Castle Gwynn is the site of the annual Tennessee Renaissance Fair. This May the festival will be back, and among the items food vendors are offering are Scotch eggs. When did you most recently eat eggs, and how were they prepared?  Hard boiled - one- and with a piece of toast. 

4) Love Story is also the story of Jenny and Oliver in a book by Erich Segal and a movie starring Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal. Are you familiar with either the book or the movie? I watch the movie .

5) Taylor was born in Reading, PA. which is home to the Reading Railroad, one of the four railroads featured in Monopoly. Without looking it up, can you name the two most expensive Monopoly properties?  Park place and Boardwalk.  It sort of gets burned into your mind .. 😁😂

6) When she's not performing on stage, Taylor likes to keep it casual and prefers to wear cowboy boots. Tell us about your favorite footwear.  I like my Tevas. I have three pair. 

7) Taylor's brother, Austin Swift, is an actor and producer who studied photography at college. Think about the last picture you took. Did you use your phone, tablet or camera? (Feel free to share it, if you'd like.)  There.. the newest 

8) In 2008, the year this song was popular, the Emmy Award winning show Breaking Bad premiered. Were you a fan? I was a fan until the FBI agent was killed.  Then I never watched anymore of it.  They crossed a line with me. 
 
 9) Random question: You and your best friend sit down to write the story of how/when you met. Do you think the stories would be almost the same or quite different? (In other words, will you ...two remember the event the same way? I’m  certain it would be a little different.  But we really seemed to be instantly BFF.  

Sorry Sam.  I’m doing this from my creakingly older tablet - which is the stupidest one apple ever made.  Never again. 🤨 I am getting an Android next time. 
 

16 comments:

  1. I loved your addendum because yesterday I was at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store. The genius working on my MacBook Air didn't want to upgrade me to the Big Sur operating systems because it has so many problems. Remember, they told me this IN THE APPLE STORE! So Mac products are not without their glitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😮 you were AT THE APPLE STORE! Yikes! That is scary! I wonder... geeze Mac is such a trusted system for the artists and so on... my daughter uses on at her job. Need to ask her...
      Sometimes I think it's me, but this has gone on so long and not being fixed that it's them.... yep

      Delete
  2. I am with you on #8 today's cops and robber shows have way too bloody for me. I have been watching PBS shows instead, much less violent and focus more on the detective work, more of "who done it" type shows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!
      I think I'd love to watch more PBS things; we do watch quite a few. A brand new "All Creatures Great and Small" has a season on PBS, and I can hardly wait for the next year is the series. I love PBS. We get it streaming so that's nice, too.

      Delete
  3. I am so torn on the whole tablet thing. I want one, then I don't want one, and now I'm back to wanting one. I'm an android girl, Apple products confound me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister gave her tablet to us, and DH uses it. It's an Android and it is so wonderful.
      One thing is Instagram. It comes up a full page wide instead of like it does on the iPad, which is as a small centered oblong box surrounded by black. You can tap it to make it expand a little, but what is the matter with Apple? What a stupid way to make an app.

      Delete
  4. I never could make the transition to a tablet. I have one, but I never use it. I use my phone or my laptop for everything. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to stop trying to use the iPad for the blogs. It's just too stressful!
      Thanks for the good wishes. I hope you have lovely spring weather for your weekend.

      Delete
  5. I remember when Teva's were a big thing. They were comfy! I never see anyone around here wearing them any more, though. I love the colors in whatever it is you are knitting! I would never have chosen them on my own to put together, but it works. Enjoy your weekend, Zippi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tevas are so lovely. They let me show off my socks, too!
      The yarn you are seeing is a space dyed sock yarn, so it does that all on it's own. This is the first time I've knit with this company's yarn and the colors are a lot different for a pair of sf gloves than for a sock. Sock yarn is nutty and fun from all the ways the dyers make up their minds to create it. Hope you are having a great, Spring weekend. It got hot here. That is SoCal for ya!

      Delete
  6. That knitting looks perfect. Envious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend and sister of the heart. I've had tons of practice. I wish Kwizgiver, you and I could get together, and we could teach you the little tricks that make learning bearable.

      Delete
  7. I can't figure out how to blog on my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya... It's a royal pain.. However, I've worked my way around most problems but in the edit menu on either google or Firefox, the whole edit page just doesn't show! Cut and paste is a nightmare!
      And the apple gurus.. They NEVER FIX IT! GRRRR

      Delete
  8. You missed the best finale, in Breaking Bad!

    Tevas look similar to Birkenstocks, which is what I wear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. About Breaking bad. I don't regret not watching it. It was too violent for me, and also, as I said, it crossed a line with me. Ah Brikenstocks, they are very nice, too. I wore Birkenstocks for quite awhile and liked them. But the Tevas where better for what I wanted them for since they strap on and you can go into the water with them.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..