"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, August 21, 2021

This is absolutely Heartbreaking.

 

Photo is c/o Lynsey Addario

 When I read the books about building schools in Afghanistan several years ago, I was enchanted by the thirst for knowledge among these wonderful people.  

 Little did the world know what would eventually happen in Afghanistan.   This LINK goes to an article from the archives of The Atlantic Magazine.

What is it about the rights of women, over half the human race, that men are afraid of?  Maybe it is time to just wipe the slate clean.. maybe we are defective as a species.  Maybe it's time....

We in the United States still can't get the Equal Rights amendment passed.  So, don't say that something isn't hidden in the species psyche that isn't in operation here in our own country. 

My heart is just breaking.  I'm not reading any more news until I have done all that I can do to fulfill the dying wish of my daughter.  She asked me to knit SF gloves for her clinic, and the friends that she had made there.   

Knitting for a good cause makes me a whole lot happier than sitting and contemplating the stupidity of the "dominant" sex.

4 comments:

  1. As an educator and life-long learner, I am devastated by the lack of opportunity these women have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to respond to your comment and didn't do it very well. It is terrible to see this happening to the Afghan women, they absolutely do not deserve it.

      The warlords, the Mujaheddin, were freedom fighters at one time. I think they were galvanized by the Russians. Hardened. We certainly did not help!
      The Afghans are a wonderful people. They deserve so much more than either side has ended up giving them.

      Something little talked about anywhere, is that there is so much of a lust for controlling Afghanistan by outside interests BECAUSE it sits on a veritable treasure trove of rare earths. The rich countries all want it. Afghans will get trampled if they stand in the way. This is not lost on either side of this political/spiritual divide. It's dreadful that it's come to this. Dreadful.

      Delete
  2. I think knitting is a good way to spend your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, CountryDew. At times, I feel a little like a highly sentient lady bug, but one that’s been trod on. So...Here I sit, gluing back together my shattered carapace with knitting needles.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..