"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, November 19, 2021

Saturday 9... Somewhere (1983)


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9
questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to
answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: Somewhere (1983)

 
To my readers: Sorry to be toying with underlining and such. I'm trying to figure out what's best.  And thanks to Sam for this meme.  Please go HERE  for the Linkie to other blog owners' posts.
----------------------------------------------
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) This song is from the hit musical West Side Story. It has just been remade by Steven Speilberg. Are you interested in seeing the 2021 version? Not really.  I've seen part of it, and I really like the original with Rita Moreno and Natalie Wood.

2) Growing up, Crazy Sam thought this song was called, "A Place for Us." Tell us about a song whose title or lyrics you got wrong or misheard. I'm with Sam.  I thought this was called "A Place for Us", too.  There are at least three other songs that I call something other than the title.  Hmmm.... there's, "Evergreen', and one by a country western singer that always makes me cry. "In the Arms of an Angel" .. I think I may have called it something else. I'm just no longer sure.
 

3) Barbra Streisand sings of longing for "time to spare, time to learn and time to care." The holidays are often too busy for many of us. With Thanksgiving almost upon us, do you wish you had more time?
 Not really. So far as I know, there is nothing planned for (or to be done) again this year in the way of getting together.  Right now I'm in the mood (and in the groove), for a quiet Holiday Season.
 
4) Early in her career, Barbra was pressured to have her nose fixed. She stubbornly refused, and did rather well anyway. Tell us about a time you resisted pressure.  Thanks to God, she didn't yield to that suggestion.  It had a very good chance of changing her beautiful voice because of the structure of the face and sinus's.  She she is beautiful as she is.

I've resisted pressure in this way: someone wanted me to lie.  I can't remember who they were, or where it was. I remember only that this person, a woman my age or older, wanted me to lie on some form I was filling out. I just went on filling it out like I did not even hear her speaking.  In my lifetime, I've done a lot of volunteer work, and it might have been in that period.
 
5) In the late 1960s she briefly dated Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, father of current PM Justin Trudeau. Obviously Barbra knew what became of Pierre and his family without having to look them up. Without the advantage of Google, do you know where one of your former loves is in 2021? Loves?  No.  Crushes, yes.  He is a football player who went on to play, and to coach, on an NFL team.  I went to high school with him and we were in the same year. I had a HUGE crush on him.
 
6) One of Barbra's hit movies is The Way We Were, a love story about hopelessly mismatched lovers. Streisand always wanted to do a sequel and worked with a screenwriter on a treatment. Her costar, Robert Redford, refused. He simply was not interested in revisiting his character. Is there a movie series that you especially enjoy? Movies series? Only one?  Let's see.... there is, "Men in Black", "Aliens", 'Die Hard", "Pirates of the Caribbean", "Ocean's", "Star Wars", "Indiana Jones", Lord of the Rings", "James Bond", "The Hobbit", and "How to Train Your Dragon".  But I can't pick just one.
 
7) Barbra met her husband, James Brolin, at a dinner thrown by friends. They hit it off immediately, but he had to leave the next day to begin a movie in Ireland, so they began their romance over the phone. Do you enjoy long phone calls? Would you prefer video calls (Zoom)? Yes, I love long phone calls, but not doing Zoom calls.  Anyone who calls me doesn't need to see me. lol 

8) On July 1, 1998, two years to the day after their first meeting, Barbra and Brolin married. It used to be that brides were advised against wearing white for their second wedding, but Barbra ignored that, wearing a white beaded gown. Do you believe brides should still avoid white the second time around? Not at all! It's their day, and they can jolly well dress in any color and in any outfit as long as it doesn't offend the priest, pastor, minister, etc, or doesn't make the bridegroom's mother faint. 

9) Random question: Is anyone on your bad side this morning? No. I don't generally put people there... But, I do suspect I'm on some peoples' "bad side".  But, be that as it may, I'm OK, and I will just live my life as gently and kindly as I can. I've had a lot of practice living through the unlivable.  Someone's "bad side" is survivable.   

And, Thanks again, Gal, for this fun meme...  
 

 
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

 

14 comments:

  1. "Doesn't make the bridegroom's mother faint." That made me smile. I wonder how often the groom's mother sees her coming down the aisle and wonders, "What was she thinking?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder that, too. I wonder if anyone has ever compiled a book about what the rest of the party thinks of "The Dress"?
      If you have watched the show about brides getting special dresses made, one dress cost nearly 20 grand (!, )then it would be interesting to know what the bridegroom's mother thought of that, and even though she wasn't going to be paying for it.

      Delete
  2. #4 I had someone get mad at me because they wanted me to rent out a spare bedroom to them and I wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People can sometimes be so focused on what THEY want that they don't think of how entitled they are for asking a BIG favor like that one. Wow!
      They were asking an awful big one, there. sheesh.

      Delete
  3. Love the font. And your choice of movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list of movies made me think--I don't know if I've seen all of the Die Hard movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had some tough, tough Christmas's to get through, and there was list in the paper, I think, of Christmas movies that were the out of the ordinary. The Die Hard Series (I may be wrong about this) where all set at Christmas time. Oddly they were fun, and somewhat brutal, which matched our mood incredibly well. Thanks for reading this far. lol

      Delete
  5. #4. I didn’t answer this on my blog, but reading everyone else’s answers…I remember a friendship that died because I wouldn’t lie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one should expect anyone else to lie. I'm with you on this. It's bad and death for a friendship when one is asked to do such a thing. Unless, they repent and relent, and apologize.

      Delete
  6. I forgot about Men in Black. That is a fun one too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked my answers, and thank you! The Men in Black series is insanely funny. Hope you have a fun Sunday. I'll be around tomorrow to check out everyone's Sat.9.

      Delete
  7. Good movie choices. I suspect I'm on some people's bad side as well. Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As my mom and her sister D used to say,"Slock happens". Sigh.. I've been treated to it before, and I am too involved in explorations and important reading to let myself become comatose over it. That's just the way it is. As you say,Too bad.

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..