"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, January 9, 2022

First cars and French Chefs...Julia and Simone, and Simcas.

This is the story of the woman who did a lot of the heavy lifting for Julia Childs. Simone "Simca" * Beck.  

I'm going to try to link it and hope you can read it, because, as we know, sometimes these things just go south, east, or west, but never North where you want them to go. 

The OTHER French Chef by Mayukh Sen

It's interesting and if you like cooking, this is a fun and informative little read.  It was double interesting to me because I really missed being able to cook in my beautiful new kitchen, which came far too late in life for me to enjoy it. 

* Simon was nicknamed "Simca" by her adoring, second husband.  (The first guy was a rat!) 

 I once owned a little Simca, and drove it to school and work. Mine was a nice, dark green. It was the first car that I bought with my own money. Meaning that the *paternal unit* couldn't sell it out from under me, nor could he borrow against it and lose it.

 FREEEEDOMMMM!

Like My little Bombe
Isn't she cute?

Have a great, and lazy, Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..