"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, February 10, 2023

Saturday 9: My Funny Valentine

My Funny Valentine.

Welcome to 
Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's 

A note to Syl: I still can't seem to make a comment stick at your blog.  I'm sorry. It's my problem, and I will seek to solve it.  

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

 1) In this song, Frank sings that his lover is his favorite work of art. Tell us about a piece of artwork you can see from where you're sitting now. Yes, that crayon drawing by your 5-year-old nephew counts.) 

 I have a mounted and framed copy of a photograph by an artist from Santa Cruz, Kennan Ward.  It’s time to get another one of his polar bears. 

2) He asks her to not change her hair. When will you next find yourself in the stylist's chair? 

I almost always cut my own hair. I have since I was a teen and got a horrendous poodle cut and perm that turned into the first Afro at my high school. This was in 1958. 😂  I’ll never go to a stylist again. 

3) Sinatra is often photographed in hats because he began losing his hair while in his 30s. He wore "a rug" for TV, concert and film appearances but really didn't like it, considering the toupee merely part of his work attire. What do you wear when you wish to appear professional? 
A Judicial Robe. So very intimidating when the chips are down, you know.... 

4) Sinatra is best known for his singing and won an Oscar for his acting. But not many people know he liked to paint until he widow sold his paintings at auction. Do you have a secret talent?
If I told you, it wouldn’t be a secret anymore.  Ok I’ll play nice.  I find things other people have lost.  It seems to just “come to me” where something is - if I am quiet enough.  That's the hard part - being quiet enough without also being comatose.
 
5) As a kid, he was a paperboy in his hometown of Hoboken, NJ.  Tell us about one of your early jobs.  
I took care of the chickens, pigeons, and rabbits we raised on mother’s farm.  I fed and watered them and collected the eggs. I also helped her pick the fruit from her fruit trees to make jam and jelly in the summer. I weeded and picked bugs off the two big vegetable gardens.  Those were my chores.  My first "paid" job was as a library assistant.  Baby sitting is not a steady job unless you run a daycare.  That would have been fun. 

This is the last Saturday  9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday. 

6) The holiday is also known as The Feast of St. Valentine. Do you have a special meal planned for Tuesday? 
Nope. We’ll probably just “wing it”.  Hopefully there is cake.  We will see!



7) The phrase "wear your heart on your sleeve" began in medieval times. On Valentine's Day, men would celebrate the holiday by displaying their lady love's name on their sleeves. If you were going to adopt this custom, whose name would you wear? 
One would be my DH.  And, just to be weirder than most, the other would be my big Bro, Jesus.  I kid you not. They are the two male loves of my life. 

8) Women buy and send more Valentines than men do. Who received the last greeting card you sent?
If E Cards count, that would be my friend,  Suzie.   
  
9) Sweethearts, those candy hearts with sayings like "BE MINE" stamped on them, began as throat lozenges. Are you fan of these little candies.  
Yes.  They make me feel happier. 

Hey every one.  Want to join in?  Go here to see the Linkie and to see Sam's Saturday Nine Blog ... Awww go on.  It's fun!  
Thanks again, Sam, for this fun meme every Saturday. 

11 comments:

  1. A judicial robe is probably like a little black dress and could take you anywhere. :)
    Oh! That cake looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think that I can always pretend, if it comes down to it, that I just came from a rehearsal or something. And, yes, it certainly is a lovely cake. Maybe I'll make it for a birthday if we are ever called upon to make a cake. I loved to bake..

      Delete
  2. #5 My mother told about how her sisters and her had to prepare the chicken for the pot for Sunday dinner at their grandparents farm.
    #8 I got an e-card for Christmas, I haven’t figured out how to put an e-card on the mantle yet.
    P.S. With the increase of postage I have a feeling Christmas cards will go the way of the Dodo bird went.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh your poor Mom. You get used to it, almost. I had to kill the poor things, too. I'm hoping not to have to ever eat chicken again. But it shows up on the menu now and then. because I need the protein. And... I think you are right about Christmas Cards. $15 to send 30 cards is a lot of doh ray me.

      Delete
  3. Your blog looks beautiful! I love it.
    That cake is so pretty and looks delicious! I hope you get a cake too. Loved your answers! Happy Valentine's Day! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. Don't work too hard at all that school stuff. It sounds hard and exhausting! Enjoy your Sunday...

      Delete
  4. #5 My mother told about how her sisters and her had to prepare the chicken for the pot for Sunday dinner at their grandparents farm.
    #8 I got an e-card for Christmas, I haven’t figured out how to put an e-card on the mantle yet.
    P.S. With the increase of postage I have a feeling Christmas cards will go the way of the Dodo bird went.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to cut my own hair during the pandemic and failed miserably. My hair hasn't looked good since 2018, when the hairdresser I'd had for 30+ years retired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about losing a great hairdresser. That is a big loss tbh.
      I had ONE out of the entirety of the AGES that knew how to cut soft curly hair. She worked out of her home, and she cut my mother's hair, as well. When we move away from her, I got that horrid AFRO. And NO one touched my hair again ... lol

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I thought it would add a certain Cache to the glum look I can assume at parties. heehee

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..