"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, May 4, 2023

Three on Thursday: three very exciting things to think about.

1.  This is the New Sock yarn, though two of the skeins (dark ones) are now for long overdue tams for myself.  


2.  My right eye is done -> one down and one to go.  Wonderful surgeon! Wonderful staff!  Thanks be to God! Ooo Ooo Ooo.. to anyone who needs this surgery, don’t fear it. 

 I feel like a little ten year old back in my mother’s beautiful gardens.  All the colors are vibrant and absolutely gorgeous.  And all this with only one eye ( the worst one) done.  Now for the other one in a few weeks.  White is white again and not ecru! 



 I’d be dancing in the kitchen, but I don’t want to break something else.  Last time it was my elbow and shoulder.  *cues chorus of, “ Stayin’ Alive, Stayin’ Alive…Ooo Ooo Ooo…




3. The "Wedge" at Newport.  You do not want to be an amateur surfer or boogie boarder and tackle this MOTHA... It is way, WAY, worse than the old break at Dana.  Way WAY!  It's also Gorgeous!

Not sure who to credit but if you know, please leave a comment..  Gorgeous shot though, Eh?

Here's the reality.... live action.... 

I would have loved to try to ride it on a boogie board back in the day, like the 1950’s, before twenty thousand people were on it.  Death by getting hit by a surf board isn’t my idea of a good day. 



2 comments:

  1. What a relief that you can see clearly!!!! And what brand of yarn is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It’s like a miracle! White is finally white, brilliant white again.
      The yarn comes from Knitpicks. It’s their fingering yarn -highland and nylon blend. Madeleine Tosh fingering is my favorite but i can’t afford it anymore. 😂

      Delete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..