"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, August 22, 2005

Email from DD with the new wheel

Oh my... I got an email from my DD who just bought a Louet wheel, and she is asking me to help her learn how to use it. I have never used a wheel so this is going to be quite a learning curve. I will be studying all my little books like a demon trying to get any hints I can about it. I've done hand spindling and so has she, a lot of it, and spinning on a wheel is supposed to be very like it but faster. I think the main problem she is having is that she is not pulling out enough fiber in the pre-draft.

Meanwhile I will be practicing my own spindling so that I remember exactly how to pre-draft for that. I was taught by a right hander and so that is good. I can't imagine trying to convert to right handedness now to help my DD.

We started on the plumbing yesterday. And a little electrical. This is going to be a very interesting two months. Having the water off just for that few hours was not very nice. hehe.

Four more days til DH's retirement. We are going to have a lot of fun, "God willin' and the Crick don't rise." I plan to do a heck of a lot of happy dancing.

2 comments:

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..