"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, September 3, 2005

Added a Quake Link to the USGS

There was another quake in the desert, a prelim 5.5, and it's becoming what is called a "swarm". So, I added a link to the maps. This is getting to be a little too exciting. Swarms are what geologists are looking at as preceding a bigger earthquake.

Looking through my new knit books this AM, I've found something to do with this ugly thing..

Icky looking purple monster sweater









At last, something that has a chance of being pretty enough to wear!

I'm sorry I can't scan the Vogue picture in, but it is a beautiful little raglan cardigan.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, the loveliness of chenille. I have no idea how that yarn became so popular as it is so hard to make it work well.
    Last year I knit a scarf with it for my dsd, hated it, the thing was worming everywhich way....tore the whole thing apart, warped the loom with DMC cotton, stranded the chenille with eyelash and wove a fabric that wouldn't let the stuff worm. then stuck in on the top shelf of the closet, and there it sits.
    Good luck with it. I guess the thing to do is knit it tight enough that the worms don't have room to grow. hmmmm, wonder how tight that is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use chenille for face washers and they work out fine, pretty colour so it will look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, thanks... what a good idea. I'll make some of them with the extras. I bet it would make good dust cloths, too. They'd be soft and hold the dust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is an idea I will have to make some of those.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..