"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, January 6, 2006

Aran Isle Sweaters and Lack of Spinning

Yes, Karen, I am attempting to knit another aran sweater, this one is very different than the last, and I'm older and these patterns don't make as much sense.

Aran in a Man's Size for DH

I am SERIOUSLY considering this one:

Man's Pullover

instead

*sighs* My brain has changed. Perhaps now it really wants to view charts? Idon'thinkso...

About the foot. I've had flare ups of plantar fasciitis from time to time (feet and legs were caught under an overturned truck at a young and tender age), and the worst of the hooves decided that this was THE most opportune time to "kick up it's heels" as it were.

I didn't say much about it until realizing that it kept me from spinning up any clunky beginner's yarns which other spinners might wish to ROTFLOL over. A good laugh can save a day! =o)

3 comments:

  1. eek!! You thought I could knit THAT sweater O.O I'm thinking I don't need quite that much of a challenge.... Hope your foot is on the mend and you will be spinning soon.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I certainly hope that the flare-up on the foot flares back down so that you are better!

    Regarding the sweater - go go go! You CAN do this - just do it!

    (And the socks by the way are lovely!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie, I think YOU can do the sweater, I'm still not sure I can, even with Karen's encouragement- thanks Karen- but I'm willing to have another go at it. If it doesn't work I'll switch to the one that looks like a simpler, to me, pattern.

    Karen, thanks about the WF sock. And, I sat and pedaled the wheel for about 40 minutes today with no problems with the foot at all. This afternoon I'll stuff some wool through the oriface and get a move on. "Designer" yarn is on the way!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..