"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, January 13, 2006

Something Beautiful

This is what I want to add to my future sock adventures

And a word to the wise. If you don't want to have this link take you away from this page, hold down the shift key while you click on the link. It's a trick I just learned from an amazing guru in "Blog Talk" at Knitter's Review. Yeay!

Carodan Farm

Or some of these from Angora Valley

And finally yesterday I received Nancy Bush's book on Vintage socks and found the best explanation of the ssk dragon in it that I'd ever seen. Well, it was drawings and words together which is how my brain works.

What I had been doing was slipping two stitches as if to knit, putting them back onto the left needle, struggling to jam the right needle in the front of those stitches to knit them off, twisted. Here-to-fore, I had always done knit 1, slip, psso for that left slanting decrease. I wanted to come into the 21st Century after all, so tortured my hands for a few months, like we did our feet with pointed shoes, to be in fashion with knitting trends. Now ssk is a friend.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy the Trekking--I just made my first pair, and I love them. They were supposed to be for Scott, but, well, the hospital stressed me out so much they were too small for him. I think I'll buysome more trekking on teh way home from work and make us each a pair that fits correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lanea. Going to order some tonight. I've been following what has been going on in your beautiful world, and little wonder the sock knitting tightened up!

    Yes, I think you absolutely need more TrekkingXXL, those little rainbows of color, to make matching pairs. May you walk with beauty all around you, a Navajo blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks are beautiful. One of these days you enthusiastic sock knitters will convince me to try knitting some

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanm, you will love knitting socks. They are amazing little garments because they can easily be custom fit.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..