"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, February 24, 2006

Adventures in Felting

My felting experiment isn't working so far but I've found out that the dye that was used runs like crazy. After agitating my sample in the hottest water I could get out of the tap- and that is mighty hot with a solar hart- I shocked it with cold water agitations. Now the square is in the washing machine going through a cycle, with some red cotton clothes, in hot water and a cold rinse. I've heard tales of women putting the felting project in a bag and running over it, back and forth, with the family van. I think they were joking but now I'm not so sure! Anywho, I have my little socks for solace. And the sweater, too, if it will behave! Yes, Karen, it better learn to behave.

2 comments:

  1. Getting a chuckle while imagining someone driving back and forth over their knitting projects :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Karen, that was the funniest thing I'd ever read on the spinlist til I stopped reading about 4 years ago. I've got to start reading it again though because it really was a fun listserv. Actually I'm not sure it's even still around.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..