"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, February 2, 2006

Einstein Said the Numbers Danced Around his Head.

Well, for him, they landed a lot better on the page.

We don't have an apple here at all, we have an hourglass. The sweater is divided correctly thus: 41-32-41. Not bad! I think it would pass the surbmerged test for body fat if it where human. Now all that is left is to get the rest of the numbers right when tallying each new row. This is getting to be fun. Ladyv, get out your UFO! This can be the year of the Aran sweater for the two of us. Socks happen but Aran sweaters have to be coaxed out of their multi-skeined natures.

Today I went shopping at my yarn store. I couldn't sleep so into the bins I dove and came out with some amazing bulky wools that will become a tam like my Icelandic Lopi one, and nice acrylics that will become quite a few Critter beds for the small animals at the shelters.

Karen, I'm looking through my brother's bird photos for the hummingbirds today. And I promise to post a picture of Bully, my white leghorn rooster, and me. I was about 7 or 8 when we were together. Bully had only one eye because my bantum, Henry, and he got into a fight. You know bantums. To paraphrase The Bard, "Though they be but small, they be fierce"!

Boy did this day end late and start early. I will be dragging my tail feathers around 10 A.M.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the pictures of the rooster and the hummingbirds - thank you.

    Good to hear that you got the numbers on the Aran sweater. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, on Monday the scanner will go online. Yeay! I could put my whole string of pets up, from early childhood on. Heehee.. but I won't bore everyone. The hummingbirds make the best pets. They hang around the yard all year, and even have winter company from the migratory ones. But they fight alot. That's the only bad part. ;o)

    The Aran sweater is chugging along at a slow pace. I never thought I could think another one through. Sometimes we surprise ourselves, eh?

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..