"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, February 27, 2006

Just a little spinning.

I've probably said before that my hands are going south. So much wire bending and all the stuff that goes into making jewelry and doing lapidary work over the years has the little joints of the thumb in open rebellion.

Well, I was able to spin with the beginner's "grip of iron" on both the drafting and the foreword hand for a little over 20 minutes before calling a news conference (posting on the blog) that progress has been made. This is not what you would exactly call good progress but progress just the same. I did manage to make the little birds happy by putting all my failure knots and fluffs out for their nesting days. And, in so doing, I discovered that Poko Ono is out of hibernation and eating the weeds on the hill. Good Tortoise!

I'm going to go knit the socks. They are coming along nicely because my thumbs and wrists have no violent objection to knitting yet. To all of you out there suffering from sore fingers, hands and wrists, Grannie Zippi sends you a cyber kiss to make it better.

Still reading Annie Proulx's The Shipping News and enjoying it no end. I read until 5 am this morning. The book is due back at the library soon! Signing out and hoping for some rain for our quadrant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..