"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Movies and a left turn to OT Daymares

We finally go to watch "The March of the Penguins" a few nights ago. It is a wonderful film. Since we rented the DVD version, the making of the film was on the disk as well. We had the English version but, if we could get it, we'd also love to see the French version.

Penguins are the most amazing creatures and the underwater shots that the French crew got were beautiful shots. The crittercam, used by American scientists, I didn't care for. It entailed fencing the little animal in and attaching a device to him, and that sure didn't look comfortable at all. DH and I both felt really sorry for him. We both hoped that the little guy didn't have a long suffering mate around somewhere tapping her webbed toes, waiting for him to return. Of course, I'm sure they were careful about not doing this but still...... I've had daymares about something coming down from outer space and treating us like we treat the bovines, for instance. Horrid! Anyway, I liked the way the French crew handled finding out what was going on underwater through the hole in the ice the penguins were diving into and popping out of.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I first saw it in the theater on the big screen on a hot Kansas summer afternoon, so it was pretty awesome! We bought the DVD to watch with the grandkids, but haven't checked out the "making of" portion yet. It's on my list of things to watch now :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been a real treat being in the theater in the AC watching a movie about antarctic bird life on that day. :D I was all bundled up in my cosy fleece wrap with doggie for a lap warmer.

    I'm sorry I've been MIA. I've taken a little vacation from the root ball.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..