"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, May 12, 2006

De Duve

This is Mama Dove, who was not sure we were at a safe distance from her precious wee egg.

The post title comes from the title of a spoof film directed at Swedish film maker Ingmar Bergman's overblown romanticism. If you get a chance to see this funny film, you'll never forget it. My sister, DH and I always use the term, "De Duve", when we hear one of the mourning doves anywhere around. This happens because, in the movie, the doves wings were heard then one of the characters would say, "De Duve!" just before the famous "deposition" from above appeared on their forehead.  Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I will definately look for that movie. Anything that makes fun of Bergman is A-OK with me. Dh likes him, but I start hyperventilating within 15 min.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can find it. That movie is really memorable, or maybe we are all just to quirky for words. Just saying De Duve puts us into gales of laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw DE DUVE in grad school in 1977. Remembering almost peeing in my pants laughing. Would love to see it again, but can't find it on VHS or DVD. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Annon.

    We saw "De Duve" on PBS in the 80's, is my guess. Anyway, that's a long time ago. It IS wicked funny as you say. I think it's completely unavailable anywhere. DH has looked for it for ages. I think Mel Brooks was responsible for producing it, and I think Madeline Kahn was one in the cast. The movie has sort of vanished, probably quashed by the heavy hand of Bergman.... from the grave. Brrrr! =0\ *wink*

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..