"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, February 2, 2007

A friends Blog

Judy came out to the states nearly 10 years ago, and I had the wonderful opportunity to learn the correct way to spindle spin from her. She is a top spinner and weaver and knits like a dream. I hope that as her blogging grows she will share all her marvelous stories of competitions from sheep to garment, contests that have been going on in Australia for a long, long time as well as her beautiful textile creations. We had a lovely time that summer, and then she went on the the Nashville regional quilt show and met the rest of the Blockheads, a group we both belong to at the time.

Welcome to blogging Judy!

Rho, thanks, I think you are absolutely right. I need to find my place again in this world as I've discovered the underbelly of it and it's ugly. It will take calm silence within my heart to do this. I"ve always believed that we are here to help others, and I need to figure out the best way of doing that in the time I've got left.

Maggie, thanks for you comments. Molly Ivins was a force in the lives of the common folk. Someone who helped them to do things they never thought they could possibly do. We need hundreds of thousands of such people all over the world at this point. Here's to the motivators who don't let the abusive stand behind platitudes and/or lies. Molly will be sorely missed.

Knitting News. I'm knitting the second palm to the pinky finger. The pair are looking sweet. BBS

2 comments:

  1. Well, I hope you have a good, healing break. Come back soon, though, cause we'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care Zippy. I always think that if you have some creative handwork you enjoy there is always something to look forward to

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..