"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"Not In Vain"

All the while my children were growing up,and until a few years ago, a small, framed picture of a mended Teddy Bear- his footpad was sewn back on with a calico patch- sitting alongside the following poem hung in our little hallway.


Not In Vain
If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

Emily Dickinson

I took the page out of a magazine in the 70's, framed and hung it. I always hoped that it was as inspiring to my children as it was to me. I think they are wonderful and we are very proud of the way they have turned out. They are kind and helpful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..