"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, May 31, 2007

An Alien, I call it Yalk

 The three horns are really the cutest little cable needles that can be imagined. They are bamboo and hand carved. I've been watching to see when they go up on the LYS web page so that I could post the location. The yarn is three pounds of fingering weight used on sock making machines, 100% wool, that will be knit into shawls and space dyed. The needles I'm planning to use on the Drops Aran, asap.

Today I'm working on fabric post cards. This time they are being made with some printable sheets, onto which photos of one's own can be fixed, which are then ironed onto cloth. When the round is finished, I'll post all the cards I received and mine as well.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I've seen the books on fabric postcards, but have been afraid to try them--it just seems so vulnerable-making to send one's work off like that unprotected. havve you had good results?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah-Hope. There is a great website for postcards, in fact there are many, that show you just how to make them.

    This is the one that got me up to speed.

    http://debrichardson.blogspot.com/2005/09/how-to-make-fabric-postcard-debr-style.html

    To answer your question, I have had to go to clear envelopes because our local post office has a male clerk who sold my DH a bill of goods about hand canceling being done at a "special facility". He must be terribly amused at his "little joke" and never expected to get caught out, but he was. Our group shares info and pictures!

    So, if the USPO personel will hand cancel them right when you hand them in, and you know they aren't going through a machine, then send them without any fears. Otherwise, expect to send them in a clear envelope, with the 1st class stamp on the outside, or in a regular envelope as 1st class mail.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..