"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Rachel Carson's One Hundredth Birthday

 Happy Birthday Sista, wherever you may be. Time has proven you right, and I'm just sorry that you didn't live long enough to laugh at the critics and all their stupidity. I raise my glass to you, in solemn testimony to your courage and veracity.

This paper tribute has been taped on my work station for about 16 years. Rachel Carson is one of the single most important catalysts for change in the 20th century.

The scientist/author, Sandra Steingraber, interviewed in the article below, wrote the book Living Down Stream

An article from DemocracyNow! about this day.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Rachel Carson is my Hero too. I particularly admire her sense of responsibility and her courage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iris, thanks for your comment about Rachel Carson. She was a fighter not by nature, I think, but by necessity, and that speaks volumes about her courage and sense of responsibility, as you say.

    I peeked at your blog by way of LucyLocket's. You have a lovely blog and I put it on my ever growing list. I love blog reading!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..