"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, May 11, 2007

Go peek at these darling Hats!

I just finally got the time to peek at some hats that Sarah-Hope has designed and I think they are really worth a long look in. I'm putting them into the line up. I seem to be able to finish small projects much better than in days of yore. I think it's because they are just a lot more fun.

I'll keep two big projects going, and though I did promise Gretchen it was to be "Ladies first", I'm knitting the man's Aran Isle sweater from Drops Design tonight. The needles from Skacel are not at the LYS yet. I'm stubbornly avoiding caving in and buying something else after placing an order there. This is a time for patience. I like the lady and her cute little shop.

Today DH and I took my Sis out to lunch at a place called The Prado, in Balboa Park. It is a lovely restaurant to take someone to for a special celebration. The weather was beautiful and showed off the beautiful park, and all the spring plantings, a park that's been called the Jewel in the Crown of the City. My sister and I walked a little bit through Spanish Village, which is city sponsored art park, and looked into a few artist's studios. Come see it someday! I will post some candid shots as soon as I get down there on another perfect day. Promise!

2 comments:

  1. Balboa Park IS a magical place!

    I spent much of my time in the Navy there. In fact, I went to Hospital Corpsman school at Balboa Hospital across the way from the park.

    It was a wonderful, relaxing place to spend a day.

    ...er...the park, not the hospital. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I knew what you meant.

    Trish, the park was in luck to receive the land that the old hospital was on. Some of the original buildings have been cleared away but the historical part was saved and have been converted to museums.

    I was once an "accidental wedding guest" in the Botanical Gardens. After the ceremony I said a blessing for the bride and groom, and got to kiss the bride and shake hands with the groom. Very emotional for us all.

    It was a lovely little ceremony, and the Gardens are a beautiful place to have a wedding. This all took place in the late 60's so everything was very "hip" and welcomed as a "go with the flow" experience. My sister was married in Alcanzar Gardens, another one within Balboa Park. That time I was in the wedding party. heehee

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..