"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Progress: Hempathy Yarn fingerless gloves

 

This is turning out to be a soft, flexible feeling yarn. I'm really happy with it. There will be quite a bit left when the gloves are finished so now I know two balls are enough even for socks. L, I hope you like that color. It really is a pretty green. They aren't going to be as warm as wool but, as you said, it doesn't get really cold there.

Sarah-Hope, the yarn is a little splity, being that it's like two cords plied together, so you'll have to keep your eyes on the knitting. That's the only problem I've had with it. It might not have as much "memory" so that may be a problem but we will see after the first washing before I send them off to L.

As you will see, I used Moo yarn for waste yarn but thought better of it. This was at 1 AM last night, so this morning we went to JoAnn's, and I bought the thinest baby yarn they had. I can't find (translation: don't want to pull out the boxes and the stack of shelves from in front of the yarn closet door.) any thin waste yarn and couldn't tear into that storage room at 1 AM, so there you are. Is that a champion excuse for laziness or what?!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I love greens, all greens, and that one's especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Trish for commenting. It sure is a beautiful apple green. I have a Laundry/Pantry that's painted that color. Matches almost perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..