"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Yesterday's Bulletin- edited when wits returned..

My knees are in therapy, so that part is good. I get them "back" in one more week, all polished and shined up and ready to roll.

My sister is adjusting to new realities of life. So her life is going to be even harder. But she once reminded me, when things got rocky for her before, that we spring from the soil - all of our grandparents owned small farms. Our strength and resilience comes from them, well, three of them. One lit out and was seldom seen again. heehee. This new adventure will just take more time and a lot more effort, but no one is in a quitting mood! Needs must..

Yesterday started out bad, for me and my best laid plans, sounds sort of like I laid an egg doesn't it? Anyway, the day ended just about like we thought it would, so that is fine.

When we started out on this Medical Marathon, DH driving across half the county from one clinic back and forth for the two of us, I had grabbed my knitting, the purple Hempathy mitts. I was so ready to get the one finished and cast on the other. Anyway, they are stored in a small, zippered lunch pack, and the last thing I did wrong was to try to hastily zip it shut, in the dark and without my specs, after moving things around in it. A loop of dark purple yarn was sticking out if the teeth of the zipper. Mon Dieu!

Unfortunately, as I had shifted things around inside the bag to check that the tool pouch still was intact -I always need that measuring tape - a small ball of yarn, unhappily the one attached to the knitting, slipped out and skipped away, rolling under the knitting stand. Formulas may be written for a lot of other reasons but here was one for knitting drama. Dark room + dark purple + dim wits + hurry = disaster. I closed the zipper right over the yarn.

THEN and only then did I turn on the light, put on my glasses, and try to get that unforgiving Hempathy out of the the treads of death. It broke, of course. With tears in my now more useful eyes, and fighting back a real meltdown, I tossed the bag into the corner so the dog wouldn't get to it, lest he find it a tasty snack while we were gone past his dinner time. The bag was a used lunch pack,after all. In his "travels" he may have seen one, and his razor-like food intelligence wouldn't easily forget it! Anyway, I dashed into the bedroom, grabbed my current book and ran for the car.

At least plenty of adrenaline was coursing through my veins, and I guarantee I was fully 110% awake by the time we left!

Next time, with plenty of light and not at the last minute, the take along project will be put together and stored - closed- well before the time to leave hurls around the corner on two wheels. I have no idea how to fix this yarn break, spit splice doesn't work on Hemp, as far as I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..