"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Life of a Cell. This includes little trucks that pull Vehicles along tiny roads. hehe

The first picture you see before starting the video is the Vehicle being pulled along a tiny road by a little truck. You might alternately think of this as a Container ship being hauled along a channel in the bay by a Tugboat. I think it's very cute that the animation makes the little "truck" look like it has two "feet" that it moves like a bipedal animal.

Mitochondrial DNA, also included in this animation, is something that is used to trace our common ancestry back to one single individual, our Greatest Great Grandmother, somewhere in Ethiopia and about 75, 000 years ago. 

Now, stop dissing your ancestors!  Ok?




Thank you to DH, who found this. Yippie for the Beauty of Science!

On the knitting road, I had to frog that EZ shawl, and stop to lick my wounds, because of misreading the directions. I was making a diamond and not a triangle. Damn! I blame tiny print but we all know it goes deeper than that. De brain was not engaged. I'll try again when the pain of failure stops smarting. The Manly sweater is (nano)inching along. 3.75 more inches to go to the front/back dicotomy. *sigh*

Oh! The liquid amber trees have all turned red from the few days of deep winter we had at the end of November. They were shocked, I'm sure, because usually they get to hang onto their leaves at least until January! Poor things.

And we caught the mouse, finally. S/he is now enjoying the backyard again, from whence s/he came. I want to feed my pet but outside. I'll leave tiny peanut butter treats out,in places safe from a cat, for the mouse. All nature needs to be respected, me thinks. It took days and days to catch the little brat. We once had to set humane traps to catch Charley Mouse, who had escaped to the garage. He was a little white mouse with black tail and ears and he was very much against his recapture!  This operation is just a little different from that time.  This one wanted desperately to stay in the house, and I can't say I blame s/he a bit.

Have fun! Enjoy what you can in life while avoiding the Big Teeth and violent humans.

2 comments:

  1. i under stood about 1% of that video--but i think i'll watch it a 1000 more times, and see if i can understand more..

    One detail -Ribomes. a protien--is related to Ribo Acid (the R of RNA (ribo-nuclaic acid..) which is made from a sugar--first found in gum arabic.. (the rib of the ribo!)

    so at a celluar level, we are sweet stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, me,either, Helen, but like you, I keep at it anyway!

    sweet stuff! I knew we had it in us deep down there. hehe

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..