"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Monday, December 13, 2010

What I'm reading...

Usually, books on Economics are the sort that put you to sleep at night. I was SO WIDE AWAKE after trying to just read the Preface for FREEFALL, that I'll have to read these two during sleepy times at Noon!

I'm reading them simultaneously because it seemed like the only way to get a decent view of the events covered. These are very readable and exciting books if you like puzzles and mysteries and even bad dudes. They each have their share of those!

One thing I don't think either discusses, except tangentially, is the effect of the so called "Mob" being able to buy it's way into legitimate businesses throughout the 70's, and onward, with wheelbarrows full of drug money.

That little empire building event - plus deregulation of everything under the sun - coupled with arrogance and greed in Wall Street, as well as other populations of self-assigned Demi-Gods, and we had a witch's stew, or rather, we were in the soup. There is also a very obscure creation from a Physicist, remember the "Man with the Beautiful Mind", and the world economic sector fell apart. I love a good book, or TWO!





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..