"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, September 16, 2011

Hardware

The big computer had a hardware problem so Dr. DH got it some new body parts, and it will be operated on soon.  The netbook, pathetic little thing that it is, is trying mightily to fill in for it's bigger sibling, but really, it has it's limits.  It can't upload pictures without blowing up but is it ever good at streaming video!

So, I'm doing an awful lot of watching episodes of "Hoarders", and balancing that with some targeted cleaning out my small pockets of clutter.   I've donated yarns (while gritting my teeth), and a couple of boxes of misc. frufru to the local Sally's.

I did make the mistake of looking at one of the Ceramics magazines;  it , fortunately or unfortunately, had EXACTLY the project pages I needed for something I'm painting for my sister.  Then I looked at more of them.  I'm not getting rid of those magazines.  Happily, the people who emailed us about them never showed up to get them!  Perhaps the stars aligned to trace a big "Do not Touch These" around the cache announcement on Craig's list?  One never knows, but at least I didn't give away something that useful to me, useful I say!.  Ceramics is going to be in my life for awhile.  It's the easiest craft, on the body, that I do besides sewing and sketching.

Sis came over yesterday and we went through the Cross Stitch booklets, watched some Hoarders, and something called "Cash in the Attic".  That's a fun show.  She didn't take any books with her, Drat!  I will copy the patterns in one of them and give it to her.  She seemed to like that one.   DH got some Greek food, heavenly stuff! 
Pictures of new sweater yarn, which appeared to be glaringly PINK and not the promised shade of Apricot (and happily was not) when the big Picasa capable computer is back on line.

4 comments:

  1. Yum for Greek food and hooray for decluttering. I finally got the couch and the kitchen counters cleared and am working hard to keep them that way. Now I just have pretty much every other suface in the house left to excavate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are working at it. So am I, but it's hard work! I can't wait until I can dispose of business related things and reclaim that 1/3 each of the garage and the great room which were taken over by a business inventory. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaning out the clutter is such a chore! Remember I told you about my van going belly up? Well today Michael starting cleaning the garage, throwing the crap into the van. When the tow service comes to drag it off to the scrap yard it will be FULL of bits and bobs from other automotive experiments. YES!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that bits and bobs saying. For some reason these comments sometimes slip past me, and it's really bad to come in ages later and find a wee orphan. So sorry Karen! But, even though late I too will celebrate over that van hauled away! DH had one parked in front of the house for ages, and finally moved it somewhere else when I threatened to set it afire. I do like to pull his chain sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..