"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy- almost- Halloween

This is a little bit early but.....Happy Halloween! If I were able to get to the desk top I'd put up the Halloween Banner as it's always nice to re-decorate for fun holidays. Tomorrow, the real Halloween, 24 staples go to the Big Magnet in the Sky. May they Rest in Peace, or else be re-cycled to iron for a beautiful garden.

Aren't those two children cute?  I always read this cartoon, as the kids are twins being raised by their grandmother.  Sometimes I felt like my twins' grandmother, they were so way ahead of me!  I always felt like I was two pages behind them in their Story of Life! 

Having lost a very long post to the netbook's secret hand shakes, hidden within it's tiny, challenged little electonic crankiness, I'm typing this out in Word, a fail-safe and idiot proof solution, I hope.  I hate to admit it, but the net book is obviously smarter than I am, with a post-operative fog washing over my wobbling mind like a Will 'O' the Wisp.

Speaking of fog, here is the weather report: 

Sunny and clear, temps in the high 70's. We are having clear, warm weather - the sort we had for the Dread Cedars' Fire - and the East Coast is getting battered by far too much snow and wind!  I am truly sorry!   

and some Knitting Bits:

Trying my best to level off my inner voices between praise and rebuke, I went searching for that Orange Bactus yarn.  I found pumpkin orange yarn - not THE orange yarn, for the Baktus, which will have to be found later.  And so, with my diminished Powers of Google, I'm searching for a pumpkin socks pattern to use with the old orange yarn, these to be finished next year.  It is very true that any socks have a one year lead time in my knitting basket. 

Oh!  I must tell you, the Tosh socks fit!  How's that for guess work and flying leaps of faith?  I pinched myself with glee when my friend told me the socks actually fit!

Today, while looking for yarns, I spied my very dusty spinning wheel.  Now, with a working, and new knee, I'm hoping to give her a better life than the one she's been forced to lead, one of being part clothes rack and part prop for ambitious postings.  She's been part of my magical thinking for too long.  I'm not going to ever have a backyard flock nibbling the weeds nor will I be able to buy fleeces.  But I can spin rovings and enjoy the devil out of that.  I think it was my Scot's Irish grandmother who started this longing in me to be a shepherdess.

Wolfie update:

Wolfie is doing so well.  He may have used up one more of his cat like nine lives, but he's going to be the same happy go lucky little boy.  Whew!  I can't keep my hands off of him, it's so good to have him in the here and now.  We feel just like lucky dogs ourselves!

A lovely surprise came in the mailbox yesterday.  It was a copy of Monica Ferris' book, Buttons and Bones .  I'm reading it right now!  I love this author's Needlecraft Mysteries series.  It's so good to be catching up on Jill and Betsy again.  Thank you, Mz. Suzi.!  

A few days ago was our wedding anniversary, and though I'd just told my brother about it when he visited a few days before, I forgot.  I'm the one who forgets; DH never does.  It is his residing joy that this is so.  So, in the email box came an e card of Waltzing Tortoises, and the message of regret that we didn't get to celebrate properly this year.  I laughed my A** off that it happened...again!

It is my fate,  Kismet!  I'm doomed to never remember that blessed date.  So, to all you guys out there who always are the ones who forget Anniversaries, yes there is justice, and at least ONE woman in the universe who shares your chagrin.  So annoying!

Good night M' friends!  Look for the Beauty everywhere, and share the Joy.



3 comments:

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..