"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, October 1, 2011

I used to call these Earthshaking Brownies


They were pretty darn good at the time.  This is my own recipe, tweaked and pinched up before the ones with marshmallow creme in the middle were concocted.  There is no beating the ones with a gooshie center!

This paper was printed out in prehistoric time with the most unsophisticated print program and on the most expensive printer I've ever owned.  It was a black and white HP, before color came along at anything less than several thousands of $$$.   I just had to have a printer and we got it used. lol.  As you can see, even back then, hearts were my favorite shape.

The sheet was in with the other recipe detritus from the old kitchen therefore it is scruffy and looks like it was ripped off a concrete wall somewhere.

And the Potato Salad referred to in the scribbling along the bottom is another version of one of those great Midwestern Potato salads.  I had a tupperware cake keeper that I filled up with stuff to make this potato salad.  It's my maternal grandmother's.. Grandma Leila's Potato Salad.  I posted it somewhere once, probably on Sewingworld - that wonderful (though now defunct) site that was just fabulous for sharing anything and EVERYthing.  I still miss it.  KR for knitting, and SewingWorld for sewing.  Heaven I tell you!

Yes, I am getting more nervous by the minute.   I would knock back a couple of straight shooters if I was the drinking type.  In fact, I might just do that anyway!

Have fun with your knitting.  Do any of you remember the fabulous red sweater that was called Drunken Cables?  Ok, I am so OUT of here! Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..