"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Something cute to look at

 B sent this link, and her comment was, "What's not to love?"  I'm just going to have to get that little owl if she sells them.

Major Cuteness to take home and SMOOSH! 

I hope you enjoy these as much as I have, and thank you, B!

Today was a gym day.  I got on the step machine for the first time and if I'm very, very careful I can use it on the lowest speed.  I'm THOROUGHLY jazzed about this though not really ready to build on it, yet!  One thing that I've learned  about steps is that going down them is something that most knee replacement patients have trouble with.  I can see why, too.  Though the leg is strong, some the elements are not as strong as they once were, like the quadriceps.  Until that muscle can do all that it used to be able to do, it will have to be embarrassing weak and reedy when it really wants to be "ready!".  The PT says that I have to give all my muscles a job so that they can have a reason to live.  Well, he didn't say that exactly, but it's close to what he said.

Today I bought a used book, one that Clara mentioned in Knitter's Review newsletter, Gail Callahan's book, Hand Dyeing Wool and Fleece.   I'm so happy to have it that you can probably see me dancing in the kitchen.  I hope by this summer to have enough cleared out of the big room to set up a yarn dyeing operation on the big craft table.

And, the linen yarn has shipped from Little Knits.  It's for a Hanami scarf , or a sweater, for L.  I included the link for the pattern so you could see it.  Ahem, correction: I bought this scarf three-at least - years ago.   So, my knitting plans now are starting to exceed my expected life time, and though that's a little scary, I'll just soldier on.

Good night.  I bid you Peace and Love back.  Love back is a good thing to get, too.  If you give Love it doesn't always mean it will come back to you, but hopefully if we all wish this for each other, more of it will come back.  We all need more of it.

Fingers crossed for you Kara.  Big Hugs for this day!  See you Sunday, maybe.

Oh oh!  Wait!  Here's a blurry picture of my little Buddha statuette on a shelf.  The Dalai Lama is in town but I cannot go see him.  But I'll be there is spirit.  A friend gave me this when she'd made two, and mine went missing, and my sister made the strand of hearts. My statuette has such a happy face that he cheers me up.



We just watched "Seven Years in Tibet" which is based on the life (and friendship) of the young Dalai Lama and his life long friend Heinrich Harrer.  Very interesting movie, though I still like "Kundun" best.


If you want to see another uplifting documentary type film, there's one called "My Dog".  It very fun and endearing and in really fresh ways.  It's different!  Try it.  You could fall in love with a few celebs for very different reasons than their popularity on the stage.

Good night for real!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..