"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Yes, a post disappeared.

A very upsetting email came in from someone that I fully respect as a human being,  and as a tough, honest  researcher.  That someone is Greg Palast.  Anyway,  I shared it here.  Upon second thought, I took it down.  I'll put a link in the side bar because it's something we just can't afford to turn a blind eye to.

This is how the Birds in Japan are affected by the Fukushima melt down, caused by misconduct, not of people who worked there but of others responsible for the  reactor design. 

But I also remember that *Abie Hoffman isn't with us anymore because he just gave up.  Don't give up.  Do what you can, always, and keep looking at what others are doing.

There is so much going on under the radar by hate groups and power merchants and others who fell in love with money.   But there is so much else going on. too.  Organic food movements, local foods movements.  A group here and a group there working to put the Mississippi valley back together for the Central flyway.  Read about it at AudubonMagazine.org.  The article I'm talking about is in the latest edition.  While you are there at their site, please be sure to read The Perch , Audubon Magazine's Blog.

There are a lot of people working hard to save what we still have a chance to save.  Every little bit helps in so many ways, not the least of which is the power of numbers.  There's actually a whole lot more people who care about the Earth than those who do not.  Do whatever you can, and let your heart and mind dwell on the millions of people, just like you out there, who are doing that "right stuff" by your side; even if they are half a world away, there's a connection made.

One of my favorite pictures of Wolfie was taken when he was helping me get better.  From Pound Pup to "therapy dog".  It's a blurry picture but I love it anyway.  There is so much love in those little round, brown eyes.

"But Mom, I'm only trying to do my job and lick your wounds"

Peace and Love!  Sweet Dreams!

*"It's embarrassing when you try to overthrow the government and you wind up on the Best-Sellers list."  On the success of his book, "Steal this Book"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..