"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
Greed is an incredibly contagious disease 🦠 And, it’s a shame when anyone catches it.
Zippi

Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Fill-ins

1. What a beautiful but rather stupid idea!
2. We are going to go to Mars, right?
3. It's no surprise NASA is so excited.
4. Going to the Moon wasn't easy, but Going to Mars takes ages - lucky little Mars, farther away and safer from us!
5. I like to try thinking about something else besides human strife from time to time but what if we just take it out there with us?
6. On the other hand, "Moonglow" is one of my most favorite songs!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching a comedy/drama with George Clooney in it, tomorrow my plans include picking up a vegan cupcake BD cake, and Sunday I want to be with someone I love for a celebration of a Very Big Day, indeed.  


DH and I went for a walk at the Mission Trails Headquarters a couple days ago.  They have an amazing site with lots to see, and hear.  I heard the (recorded) sound of a warning call of a Mule Deer for the first time, ever.  It sounds very similar to our native fox's call. I was expecting something more like an Elk's whistle, and the Mule deer sound was like a huffed bark.  It was the kind of noise that a grammar school classmate made when you dared then to eat something really repugnant.


Native San Diego Sunflower
one of the Encelia Californica





I'll share more photos soon.   We went late in the day, when the sun was at just the right angle for good color.

Have a good weekend.  Oh, maybe, do something unexpected and lovely for someone.  Make someone smile.   And be good to yourself, too.  Love you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..