"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Day at the gym and a new

 Paradigm... sorry this got posted when I merely TOUCHED the "enter" key.. it was posted "empty"  so it had to be filled up....

Paradigm...defined as a pattern or model, an exemplar.  I need to shift out of the one that now rules my life.  I need to set aside things that I worry about in a major way and stop fretting to death over them.   My trainer aka Sensei has suggested that I try some sort of reality shift.  I'm so ready to do this!

The "Friday fill-ins" site (as of 8 pm) showed the same thing as last week, so I will practice not fretting about it.  Could this be the beginning of a paradigm shift?  Lordy I hope so.


Today we went to my sister's house and got some cookies from our favorite Vegan Bakery, Starry Lane Bakery.  The owner is so jolly and sweet that it's fun to buy stuff there.  And it's all delicious, too.   I found  out today that she makes apple pies, too.   

My sister feels more chipper knowing that part of her problem is on the way to a solution because it really sucks to have long standing physical problems exacerbating the neurological components of her existence.   We want/need to go to the library and the thrift stores and just spend an hour looking through beads at our favorite small bead store again.  You know, the good things in life.

Last week when we were done at the clinic, we stopped at another place that sells coffee and bagels, and I stupidly bought a coffee cake instead of a bagel.  I will never, EVER do that again.  I'll get my sweet tooth fix at Starry Lane from now on.


The sock and the mitt continue on in the crooked path to the finish line.  I really need a new paradigm that includes "BE HERE NOW!" and "STAY IN THE MOMENT!".  Ouch, it hurts when things shift but sometimes it's all to the good.  eh?


Good night.  I wish you a lot of Joy and Happiness, no matter how tiny it may be, may it be there for you, and protect you from getting run over by the "Model T of Paradigms" that is gaining on you every breath you take.

TAWANDA!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Tawanda~ Sounds like you made today count!~ Are you vegan? I tried that for about a year and a half, and probably need to get back to it. Enjoyed your post~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, your had my name written all over your post and didn't even know it!!!! THAT will be the word of my day today...I'm crocheting and pondering... like you say, the good things in life. They really ARE the smallest things and I'm pondering on that as well! I'm back to blogland and it's feeling REALLY good :) An at home feeling....and YOURS started it off :) I enjoyed see those beautiful ceramic pieces...it occured to me why I like 'ceramics'..my Grandmother did some very fine pieces that are at my mother's home. I really can see myself getting into it...oh, Lordy...if I can't finish a @$#@ SOCK, how do I expect to do anything else? HA! ...because I have you! YEP, that's right....I have your inspiration...your hopeful knitting ;) your pumping iron ;) your Paradigms!!!! (because they are similiar to mine tho maybe different topic, but whatever WE fret are important none the less!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Cathy, thank you for the encouraging comment, and to answer to your question, I'm not strictly vegan but can't have milk protein. I say this because I can get away with eating small amounts of well aged cheddar cheese once in awhile but even a tiny bit of milk protein, think "cream" or cookies made with butter, lays me low. I'm feeling my Native American roots, and at my age, too! If being vegan helps you, my daughters are, it would be good to try it again. Our whole family was vegetarian for around 7 years, but I got sick. Gout got me. lol

    @ PJ Aha! You come at this from ancestry, so it's in the blood. As you know- and this includes sock knitting and other Borg like behaviors, "Resistance is futile"! And,yes, for the ones who don't chose to play fair, there is that other famous phrase "let them eat cake". May it stand for, "let them OWN their own Karma!". It's time to play with our colored threads, find our beauty all around us, and eat cookies.

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..