"When I tell you something is dangerous, I mean it. And, I never forget the Victims"
T.J. Hooker
"Everyone can master a Grief but he who has it”
William Shakespeare
”I had given him a life not worth living, but I had also given him an iron will to live. This was a common combination on the planet Earth”
Kurt Vonnegut about his character, Kilgore Trout.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

New Foodie Blog and lots of little chit chat.. Gnaphalium californicum, too!

First!  Fun stuff.  If you use Firefox, type this:

about:robots

into the address window of a new page...  Don't forget to Try Again.. lol  Thanks to DH.

Ok the foodie blog....

 A Latte With Ott, A


I will put it on the Foodie blogs on "Some of My Favorite Blogs" spot.

And, I stole this from Cathy's side bar. teehee.....

"You are Elinor Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! You are practical, circumspect, and discreet. Though you are tremendously sensible and allow your head to rule, you have a deep, emotional side that few people often see."  ( well, they don't usually see it unless the screaming for five minutes or more on the porch the night that Wolfie was hit by a car doesn't count.  Maybe it was more like HEAR it? )




Knitting report:  I got out all the sweaters in order to give them a shaking out and a "Howdy".  I'm aiming to get the Noro finished by Mid-August and get the Pink Stardust done right along with it. It's a smaller sweater.   Knitter's have to have goals.   I've put away the first mitt without a thumb, and will get going on the second one to do the two thumbs together.  Now if I can just get some time when I'm not too exhausted to knit.

I talked with a dear lady this afternoon, and found that she has been working like a stevedore to get so much done that it's amazing.  I was mentally challenged while talking because my old Nemesis was cranking up, and I had to figure out what level was damned red alert, or not.  So, after our convo, I walked for 30 minutes and things dropped back to normal. I think this is happening because sitting is bad unless I'm nekkid.

I say this because my spine has collapsed like a meander in a river, and all that is inside the torso part is duking it out for space.  Well, I want to notify my liver, spleen and space crazed stomach that the HEART gets first choice for the real estate!  Think any of them will listen?  The lungs are very co-operative, but that stomach doesn't like the bands of steel that I've been building around it (of course) and so it tries to do hostile take-overs to the North, which the Heart just won't abide.  Can you blame it?

That's just about as polite as gut talk ever gets, isn't it?   "Peace Within" takes on a whole different meaning at our house.  hee hee


Some floral Mystery...

Gnaphalium Californicum

I remember it from the foothills of Altadena, behind my uncle's house.  Then it seemed to totally disappear from anywhere, until I found it in the brush lands surrounding the Mission Hills Interpretive Center. I finally found what it's called, HERE and then found the page for it HERE .

Isn't the internet wonderful?  I just LOVE the internet.




3 comments:

  1. Gort! Klaatu barada nikto to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! I always knew you were a robot like me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elinor Dashwood! SO AM I!....thus I can relate to your entire post! Love the visual on the 'gut' reaction...knitters need goals? HA..that was funny..what are those? from your other post-very interesting what the 'normal' person doesn't know what is going on!

    ReplyDelete

I’m going through some stuff but I will peek in now and then and will be back when it’s over..